• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule defenders chime in here

Zod

3 hours ago, Zaximus said:

I just don't know why Tepper waits.  Even though playoffs are out of the question (mostly) this team needs a kick start or something and that may help.  We couldn't beat two bad teams.  It's only going to get worse.

I'm not truly onboard with this. We have talent on both sides of the ball it just our leadership can't get out of their own way to get it right. 

Fire Rhule now and let McAdoo take over.  Start playing NFL football instead of NCAA football.

• Pie 1

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'm not truly onboard with this. We have talent on both sides of the ball it just our leadership can't get out of their own way to get it right. 

Fire Rhule now and let McAdoo take over.  Start playing NFL football instead of NCAA football.

why?

Whats the point of that?  Might as well make rhule coach this through.  This season is done.

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

I've seen this claim but where are the Panthers fans actively cheering for us to be a bad team? 99% of fans are fed up with us being bad and want to be a relevant franchise again. These fans doing victory laps are a figment of your imagination.

Yeah, this is literally people staring a screen imagining people smiling and cackling like lunatics at these failures versus the typical reality, which is somewhere between general apathy or genuine outrage. 

I am more apathetic than anything, TBH. I watched the game yesterday with little emotion at all. I'm over the Rhule era to the point that I don't actively get emotionally as involved as I typically do. Just a casual observer. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Also, where the fug is Rashard Higgins? Shi Smith? Really. Higgins out played him in practice and preseason games yet he is MIA. Give me a guy with actual game experience that Baker has played with over a USC guy doing what USC guys do, lose to App...oh wait...suck ass jn the NFL.

yeah we need more shi smith hate, he was sooooo bad yesterday, and they just kept trotting him out there thinking he would magically catch the ball. can we at least see TMJ do that so I can confirm he is a bust. 2021 draft is shaping up to be a total failure.

Year 3 is the year he turns every program around…. We were “competitive” in both those games .. it’s Bob and baker 1st season(in theory it take 7 years in Matt Rhule offense to figure out 🤦‍♂️ ) panthers got baker late in the offseason .. the center wasn’t in sync with baker … the refs …. 

Prediction 

do or die time 

there needs to be fireworks in the next 4 games or Matt rhule and any staff assistant associated with that regime will be gone…. (Haha)

Edited by Leotiger
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is not a lot of talent on this team.  Its a weird narrative that has been pushed for some reason

Yeah, I am very suspicious of this "we are so talented" narrative. I see some talent but this appears to be a pretty bad roster, IMO. 

But, it's so young we may not know how good/bad they are for a couple of years.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

why?

Whats the point of that?  Might as well make rhule coach this through.  This season is done.

We still have 15 games.  We have a coach that was previously our DC and did quite well.  We have an offensive staff that should be able to turn this around.  

Several of our opponents have their own issues that make these games winnable. 

Anyone that is going to give up so early, with or without Rhule, isn't much of a fan. 

With Rhule it seems hopeless but who knows if the light will ever come on.   With McAdoo I think we could turn it around.  

1 hour ago, Manna said:

We need to stop calling him names like clown because even clowns have a better success rate at what they do than Rhule.

Wiley Coyote has a better success rate than Matt Rhule.  At least he came up with some new wrinkles every now and then, even if they didn't work out.  And not once did I ever hear him say the process was working, you just couldn't see it.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We still have 15 games.  We have a coach that was previously our DC and did quite well.  We have an offensive staff that should be able to turn this around.  

Several of our opponents have their own issues that make these games winnable. 

Anyone that is going to give up so early, with or without Rhule, isn't much of a fan. 

With Rhule it seems hopeless but who knows if the light will ever come on.   With McAdoo I think we could turn it around.  

I think you vastly overrate a guy like McAdoo as a HC. Not to mention a lot of the damage is already done.

Do you think that we can just take a wholly new defensive scheme that Wilks would run and just trot it out there to any success? 

This isn't a realistic scenario. Rhule will be the guy until Tepper decides he isn't.