• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule defenders chime in here

Zod

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Are we saying your Huddle posting activity is a measure of your Panthers' fandom?  I remember poundaway getting called out by frank during the first half of Week 1 for being MIA while he was literally at the game lol. 

I'm one of those who "whines about negativity" (if we're being overly reductive) and I sure as hell don't want to jump on here during the peak of negativity during/after a loss lol.  That's why I historically tend to stay away from Gameday threads.  I don't think there is anything remotely contradictory about that; in fact, it's quite consistent.  I mean, y'all always tell people like us to "just stay away from the boards if it's too negative for you" but then we still get ridiculed for doing just that lol.  It's a lose-lose.

Well said. The Huddle has become like a marriage. It is just easier to say Yes Dear. Because the consequences of not toeing the Co. line can be dire.

Riddle me this. Why does it bother so many ppl that someone can have hope, or try to be optimistic, or just don't want to be negative? Why does that just irk them no end? 

• Pie 1

Are we saying your Huddle posting activity is a measure of your Panthers' fandom?  I remember poundaway getting called out by frank during the first half of Week 1 for being MIA while he was literally at the game lol. 

I'm one of those who "whines about negativity" (if we're being overly reductive) and I sure as hell don't want to jump on here during the peak of negativity during/after a loss lol.  That's why I historically tend to stay away from Gameday threads.  I don't think there is anything remotely contradictory about that; in fact, it's quite consistent.  I mean, y'all always tell people like us to "just stay away from the boards if it's too negative for you" but then we still get ridiculed for doing just that lol.  It's a lose-lose.

Well most of what that crowd tends to view as whining and complaining is just literally looking at our situation and describing it. Do some of them take it too far? 100%

Conversely, nothing is more annoying that the Sunshiners derailing every thread with a bunch of ironically negative posts.....about negative posting.

But, yeah, most of the people doing that get REAL scarce as these seasons start going to poo. It's not like this isn't a predictable pattern, most of the last few years have been miserable for Panthers fans.

I also tend to stay away from the GameDay threads because it's too hard to follow that and to watch the game. I want to watch the games. 

• Beer 3

Here we go again the with the dreaded "this place is so negative!" storyline. I'm sorry to have to interrupt your victimhood narrative here but this time last year poundaway was making enemies of just about every mod and turning every thread into a "this place is awful and toxic" whinefest alongside iamhubby1. By the fall they were reduced to threatening Sam Darnold and Matt Rhule skeptics with receipts of their posts for when the season concluded only to disappear. They picked up right where they left off when they returned months later attacking CRA in thread to thread begging for an avatar bet and screaming about Joe Brady. Your victim has been a willing participant and a bully themselves. Spare the outrage please and thank you.

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well most of what that crowd tends to view as whining and complaining is just literally looking at our situation and describing it. Do some of them take it too far? 100%

Conversely, nothing is more annoying that the Sunshiners derailing every thread with a bunch of ironically negative posts.....about negative posting.

But, yeah, most of the people doing that get REAL scarce as these seasons start going to poo. It's not like this isn't a predictable pattern, most of the last few years have been miserable for Panthers fans.

I also tend to stay away from the GameDay threads because it's too hard to follow that and to watch the game. I want to watch the games. 

I normally avoid the huddle until tuesday after L. But checked-in, not as bad as "normal" . I tired the game day thread once, took 3 years off my life.

I do the same about the game, turn everything off/do not dis and the game has my full focus.....well that and my wine glass. I didnt even join FF this yr(after many years of owning it), and not planning on hitting the bar either.....

not feeling as strong about my hopuim statements, even with the close losing. the ST isnt as good as I thought too. O makes me want to close-line orphans.....

Edited by Basbear

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

Here we go again the with the dreaded "this place is so negative!" storyline. I'm sorry to have to interrupt your victimhood narrative here but this time last year poundaway was making enemies of just about every mod and turning every thread into a "this place is awful and toxic" whinefest alongside iamhubby1. By the fall they were reduced to threatening Sam Darnold and Matt Rhule skeptics with receipts of their posts for when the season concluded only to disappear. They picked up right where they left off when they returned months later attacking CRA in thread to thread begging for an avatar bet and screaming about Joe Brady. Your victim has been a willing participant and a bully themselves. Spare the outrage please and thank you.

and all they did was dig a big ole hole that they now sit in. 

Matt Rhule, not Joe Brady was the biggest problem.  Joe Brady while he wasn’t good was the scapegoat for Matt Rhule to deflect all the blame onto.  Matt Rhule continues to be here.  And continues to be our biggest problem.  And the Rhule offense continues to get worse and worse post Joe Brady.  And the trend continues this year of getting worse….despite MUCH better talent and a “real” OC.  

Matt Rhule is the actual problem.  Snow, McAdoo, Brady, etc are  all symptoms of the problem. 

We can’t rid ourselves of Tepper so Rhule is as high as we can go to fix the problem and the one that matters realistically. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

Ive never understood the poundaway/trevortime school of thought of "I am positive and optimistic therefor I am a better fan then you" when the facts are right there in front of you.  Its called being realistic.  I mean for fugs sake we had posters saying we would win 10+ games this year on general principle.   Seriously wth is that?  Rhule is a poo coach, fitt is a poo GM, Mcadoo is a poo OC and the proof is in the pudding.  No amount of rainbows and unicorns is going to change the trajectory of this poo front office and coaching staff.   I mean its literally right in front of you.

But I predict we squeak out a saints win and it will be a week of "we are back, I told you so, yada yada yada" and we still end up 4 -13

Edited by mrcompletely11

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I normally avoid the huddle until tuesday after L. But checked-in, not as bad as "normal" . I tired the game day thread once, took 3 years off my life.

I do the same about the game, turn everything off/do not dis and the game has my full focus.....well that and my wine glass. I didnt even join FF this yr(after many years of owning it), and not planning on hitting the bar either.....

not feeling as strong about my hopuim statements, even with the close losing. the ST isnt as good as I thought too. O makes me want to close-line orphans.....

Yeah, too much of what I am seeing is predictable and then some of it is worse than I expected, so this has sucked.

Which, to be clear, this hasn't even been disaster level yet. We are a hair away from being 2-0. 

My big fear is that it's going to descend into that if we don't figure something out soon.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ive never understood the poundaway/trevortime school of thought of "I am positive and optimistic therefor I am a better fan then you" when the facts are right there in front of you.  Its called being realistic.  I mean for fugs sake we had posters saying we would win 10+ games this year on general principle.   Seriously wth is that?  Rhule is a poo coach, fitt is a poo GM, Mcadoo is a poo OC and the proof is in the pudding.  No amount of rainbows and unicorns is going to change the trajectory of this poo front office and coaching staff.   I mean its literally right in front of you.

But I predict we squeak out a saints win and it will be a week of "we are back, I told you so, yada yada yada" and we still end up 4 -13

This team needs a spark or some kind of leadership to help get us out of the dumps but it just isn't there. I'd love to make this a get right game and kick ass in our division but so far it looks like every other team in the South is more motivated than us. The Saints just squeaked by the Falcons and both teams had a bench clearing in the process. The Bucs do look mortal but they've also handled teams that would take us to the woodshed. Compare that to the vibe of the Panthers exiting the tunnel on Sunday like they'd rather be anywhere else.

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I like your idea about hc/gm/rookie qb all coming in together.   I will say though we need to trade players like cmac since it's a 2 year build.   Get draft capital for him while you can

I'm not ready to go that route until I see who's brought in to be the GM and the coach he hires.  But I will concede that it's probably what should happen. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not ready to go that route until I see who's brought in to be the GM and the coach he hires.  But I will concede that it's probably what should happen. 

If we are looking at 0-3, 1-4 and if we dont trade cmac (and others) then this front office is even more moronic then I originally thought.   I would be shopping cmac right fuging now if I was a gm.  Why waste yet another year on him when there might be a bidding war among the top tier teams

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, too much of what I am seeing is predictable and then some of it is worse than I expected, so this has sucked.

Which, to be clear, this hasn't even been disaster level yet. We are a hair away from being 2-0. 

My big fear is that it's going to descend into that if we don't figure something out soon.

I did see rhule say " We're just a couple plays away...etc etc"

Burns in a interview - "Im tired of being a couple plays away...."👀👀👀

So their maybe something aaaaaa brewing....stay tuned.

Right now it feels like the coaches are waiting for the players to make a play and the players are waiting for the coaches to make a great call. Leadership is lacking...sucks cause those were 2 games the panthers should/could have won. Once the D gets the lead, THEY MUST EITHER GIVE IT BACK OR TIE.....cannot for the life of them be ahead......O cannt even score if not for some busted coverage... hard being a fan of this.

• Beer 1