• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is supposed to have a press conference at 345pm

raleigh-panther

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

asked what he has learned and he brought up that it wouldnt be a bad idea to bring in consultants. 

What I heard after rewinding...

"Umm...look I think that there's some things (garbled) in the process in general, as far as consultants and such like that in that...in that search...but again it's premature to ask that question so..."

Probably listened to that about 30 times or more but couldn't get a read on exactly what he was saying.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I didnt get the trading of players either... but i could have been typing while he said someting about it. Do you recall?

Oh na I didn't get any inference about trades just that our draft picks and trades haven't panned out so well.

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Amazing how some people are able to get this out the press conference, while others are still stuck on, "That rich bastard didn't say anything then got mad and stormed off!"

His expressions, body language and tone spoke volumes, IMO. 

I think that some of the Huddle is probably a little autistic, so they may have not picked up some pretty obvious things.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Amazing how some people are able to get this out the press conference, while others are still stuck on, "That rich bastard didn't say anything then got mad and stormed off!"

Notice how that guy had to start every point with “it sounds like”.

Tepper alluded to some stuff but didn’t say anything clearly of any real substance.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

If you listen to what he said, he was pretty critical of the mismanaged resources.

So, the question is, how much responsibility did Fitterer have for that? 

The one thing he didn't do was publicly give Fitterer a vote of confidence, which he had done for Rhule previously. That's not good for Fitterer, IMO.

I do sense that Fit isn't safe as well. It could also be holding on to a bargaining chip for a future HC ... letting them pick their GM.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If you listen to what he said, he was pretty critical of the mismanaged resources.

The one thing he didn't do was publicly give Fitterer a vote of confidence, which he had done for Rhule previously. That's not good for Fitterer, IMO.

I’ve been on Fitterer for awhile. His massive waste of draft capital for bad deals and poor trade value has been a major issue. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Didn't hear that at all...

He did mention they can only use the resources that they had, and that they had the same resources as everyone else.

When asked about the roster he was pretty positive, mentioning specifically that he thinks they have the best offensive line they've had in a while and that he didn't see a need for a full rebuild.

When asked about Fitterer directly he said, "Scott is the GM" and left it at that.

I didn't really get any sense that Fitterer, Morgan or anyone else on the front office side is in any danger.