• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fowler just went IN on Tepper after that press conference yesterday

Ricky Spanish

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Fowler should have taken the high road but in reality, his questions were valid… why is there so much turnover between all of Tepper’s organizations when the only common denominator is… Tepper.

Fowler didnt ask that … it was Will Polisic or however his last name is spelled. Fowler asked for the timeline of when tepper decided he was going to fire rhule. In all fairness, that was the fourth time tepper was asked that.

also, totally agree with the mls point you brought up. Our rules are very ambiguous compared to the euro leagues. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

As bad of a take as I’ve seen on here. Tepper has been nothing short of a dumpster fire since getting here. He acted like a child in press conference yesterday. Fowler called him out on his BS. Best piece of writing by the local media on this franchise in a decade.

I disagree, and we will have to leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Fowler didnt ask that … it was Will Polisic or however his last name is spelled. Fowler asked for the timeline of when tepper decided he was going to fire rhule. In all fairness, that was the fourth time tepper was asked that.

also, totally agree with the mls point you brought up. Our rules are very ambiguous compared to the euro leagues. 

Well Will’s question seemed to set Tepper off, if I was Fowler I wouldn’t have even followed that… eventually you get to a point in these press conferences that it doesn’t do anyone any good to continue going.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Well Will’s question seemed to set Tepper off, if I was Fowler I wouldn’t have even followed that… eventually you get to a point in these press conferences that it doesn’t do anyone any good to continue going.

Totally agree. However, it’s fowler and many other media type’s job to antagonize the target to get a story. Hence what he wrote today. 

this is the same exact thing that David newton tried to do to Ron Rivera when he was attempting to spark “concussion gate” at the bank. RR blew up on newton during that conference as well.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Totally agree. However, it’s fowler and many other media type’s job to antagonize the target to get a story. Hence what he wrote today. 

this is the same exact thing that David newton tried to do to Ron Rivera when he was attempting to speak “concussion after” at the bank 

That’s what journalism has become now a days… about making people look stupid or trying to get them to admit they were wrong. Doesn’t mean that the questions aren’t technically valid… but I think we can all fill in the blanks and don’t need Tepper to explicitly tell us when he decided to fire Rhule.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That’s what journalism has become now a days… about making people look stupid or trying to get them to admit they were wrong. Doesn’t mean that the questions aren’t technically valid… but I think we can all fill in the blanks and don’t need Tepper to explicitly tell us when he decided to fire Rhule.

It’s disappointing what passes as journalism and reporting today. I enjoyed our back and forth, thanks for this healthy constructive conversation

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

....tipper has shown himself to be a total dick...he doesn't get it. If he walked down thru the masses in tailgate land...they'd rape him...this guy is so wrapped in his money and ego he really doesn't care about the true culture of Panther football... we saw at a Panther press conference... he only cares about soccer and music...the sht he can make money on...

Lol, speaking of culture, he even went as far as saying, "This team has never had a real culture of winning". Well... I beg to differ. The Panthers have had an identity based around Sam Mills and the "Keep Pounding" mantra.  A hard nosed defense and a pounding running game. And... just enough Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad, Greg Olsen, etc... Oh, and by the way, multiple division titles and two Super Bowl appearances. The back to back winning season thing is a bit misleading and doesn't necessarily reflect a "culture of winning". This organization has tasted plenty of success, so Tepper is a bit off with his opinion of Panthers culture. KEEP POUNDING! Bring that mentality back!!! There's your culture!!

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

2 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Just not sure how someone reads that entire article and comes away with Fowler was wrong for bringing up the firing of the soccer coach. The big picture is is he’s now fired 3 coaches mid season and is on his 6th total coach. He’s on 2 gms and multiple team presidents. He has had to major projects fall through.

even if this soccer coach sucked, Tepper still hired him. The only constant in this is Tepper.

You obviously missed the point. So let me clarify. Firing the soccer coach and Rhule was caused by hiring the wrong guys to start with. And it was because he trusted the wrong folks to make the decision which is why Hurney and some soccer guys are gone as well.  His process was flawed and that is what needs to be fixed. He doesn't know sports like he knows finance and needs to rely on proven guys to get the right coaches or make the right deals.  How did you read what I wrote and not have a better understanding of what I posted. It was pretty clear. Tepper is the problem and trying to fix it by firing your guys is like closing the barndoor after the horse has already run away.