• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hypothetical QB add

CRA

10 hours ago, CRA said:

7 scoring drives.  Most points on the season. 

Cam coming in at 2 yard line to vulture TDs for us fans twice doesn’t change the fact the O moved the ball all game long.    CMC was the actual MVP in that upset.  Cam just gave us the feel good moment and stole the spotlight. 

In his 2 starts, the O has moved the ball.  They moved it very well the other start vs the Lions.  He just had 2 really dumb throws that game. 

But when prepped for a start the O has moved with PJ.  He will make 2-3 dumb throws.  It is what it is. 

and all my PJ Walker gimmick/fun aside…..I do believe he is relatively on par with Sam Darnold tier of QB.  That’s not a compliment of PJ though.  Anything we can pull off with Sam we can pull off with PJ. 

You can't suggest Cam vultured PJ's TDs at the 2-yard-line while glossing over the fact that PJ's "2 really dumb throws" against the Lions were at exactly the same spot lol (okay okay, the Detroit 4-yard-line and 7-yard-line).  For all we know, Cam coming in and scoring those TDs prevented some boneheaded PJ goal-line interceptions if we're judging off of empirical evidence.  I know you've seen enough of this offense over the past few seasons to know that a Panthers "1st and Goal" type situation is far from a sure TD...maybe more like a 25% chance if we're being generous.

Moving the ball all game long is well and good (and tbh a HUGE upgrade to what we've seen from this year's offense) but it doesn't mean much if you have a QB who throws terrible redzone interceptions.  I mean, moving the ball between the 20s and stalling out in the red zone was the story of our 2020 season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

You can't suggest Cam vultured PJ's TDs at the 2-yard-line while glossing over the fact that PJ's "2 really dumb throws" against the Lions were at exactly the same spot lol (okay okay, the Detroit 4-yard-line and 7-yard-line).  For all we know, Cam coming in and scoring those TDs prevented some boneheaded PJ goal-line interceptions if we're judging off of empirical evidence.  I know you've seen enough of this offense over the past few seasons to know that a Panthers "1st and Goal" type situation is far from a sure TD...maybe more like a 25% chance if we're being generous.

Moving the ball all game long is well and good (and tbh a HUGE upgrade to what we've seen from this year's offense) but it doesn't mean much if you have a QB who throws terrible redzone interceptions.  I mean, moving the ball between the 20s and stalling out in the red zone was the story of our 2020 season.

CMC was healthy for the AZ game.  He wasn’t for the Lions game. 

and yeah, CMC did all the heavy lifting vs AZ.   He had a field day vs AZ.  And when he got to the endzone Cam got the glory.  Which is fine.   But reality is Cam wasn’t the dude who won the game.  CMC did. And AZ wasn’t stopping CMC from the 2 yard line either. 

CMC is healthy right now.   If McAdoo could actually call a good game we could be competitive.  Biggest issue right now is an OC that figure out to use the best weapon in the NFL IMO when healthy.  I mean it’s painful watching McAdoo misuse CMC.  Not the fact we have to play PJ one week.  

a healthy CMC, a good defense….and a decent OC should have us in games with meh teams.  PJ , Darnold or Baker.    If we aren’t competitive Sunday it’s because Rhule brought in joke McAdoo more than anything. 

17 hours ago, saX man said:

I know they're in a post-SB funk, but if Steve Wilks and PJ Walker go out and beat McVay's Rams, oh man, that's gon be fun to see the fallout.

Just triple cover Kupp and blitz Stafford.  They can't do much else.

And their O line is basically all in intensive care, so we've got that going for us...