• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was on the tank bandwagon, but after looking more further, I say we just roll with Corral and draft BPA.

panthersgreenville

8 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Get ready. The organization was sold on Corral as the best QB of that draft, he was allegedly #1 on their QB board.

He's going to get his shot. Like it or not. It would be stupid for them NOT to give him his shot after spending draft capital to get him.

Relax. He's a good/great QB that brought Ole Miss back from the dead. This is the kid.

Oh he is gonna get shot alright...he is gonna compete with the QB we will draft in camp and probably lose out by week 1. Fair shake....there you go.

20 minutes ago, trueblade said:

If Dorsey is the choice for head coach, he's worked with two QBs in his career: Cam Newton, and Josh Allen. It wouldn't surprise me for him to want someone like that. Is that Levis? Richardson? I'm not sure.

Richardson fits the Allen mold the best. Super raw with a very high ceiling. 

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really don't understand the talent argument with Corral. I'll admit, he was my #2 QB prospect in this draft. I thought he had a great release, decent arm and plus mobility. His arm in the NFL is honestly average but the quick release helps make up for that. He's not a runner at the NFL level but I think he has more mobility than the average NFL QB.

But then... we saw him on an NFL field and woah boy. There's just no way to sugarcoat it. He just didn't look like he belonged. Say it was playing with backups or poorly handling his development or whatever, but despite being put in bad situations good players generally look like they belong. The results night not be good but you can see the traits. You can envision that guy playing well in a better situation. I just didn't see any of that with Matt Corral. He looked in every way like a UDFA who wasn't gonna make it past the first round of roster cuts.

What about Baker then, he looked like trash behind the first string line and people here are still hoping to get another taste of Baker, Baker, Baker.

Corral is a better player than BAKER. Baker only made it this far physically because he was coddled by Rhule.

Apparently Corral was "stepped on" which to me sounds like friendly fire, obviously by a 3rd or 4th stringer. That's done, and for that reason and because he was a "developmental" pick they will do just that.

Myles Murphy is a beast. Will Anderson too. All Corral needs to be is Jake Delhomme or better and a fierce front three or four and we're back.

Passing up on either of those guys even for Levis whom I believe is the best of this class, will probably be a mistake at the end of the day.

Levis like Corral is a guy who elevates a squad unlike guys on front runner teams with super fast guys breaking free. 

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

What about Baker then, he looked like trash behind the first string line and people here are still hoping to get another taste of Baker, Baker, Baker.

Corral is a better player than BAKER. Baker only made it this far physically because he was coddled by Rhule.

Apparently Corral was "stepped on" which to me sounds like friendly fire, obviously by a 3rd or 4th stringer. That's done, and for that reason and because he was a "developmental" pick they will do just that.

Myles Murphy is a beast. Will Anderson too. All Corral needs to be is Jake Delhomme or better and a fierce front three or four and we're back.

Passing up on either of those guys even for Levis whom I believe is the best of this class, will probably be a mistake at the end of the day.

Levis like Corral is a guy who elevates a squad unlike guys on front runner teams with super fast guys breaking free. 

Isn’t your track record lately when you beat a drum for a QB pretty ordinary? 

20 hours ago, t96 said:

Please provide some data to back up this claim, I don’t buy it at all. Maybe for top 10-20 picks but a random mid rounder? Don’t buy it.

Just looking at the Panthers, Chris Weinke was a fourth rounder selected by Seifert who managed to hang around for four years, even after John Fox took over, and made Jake the starter.  Jimmy Clausen was a second rounder who hung around the panthers for a year after Cam Newton was drafted.  Even Will Grier stuck with the Panthers for another year after Rhule came on board, albeit on the practice squad.   

Fwiw, I would hazard a guess that on average almost any 2nd or 3rd round pick, regardless of position, gets at least two to three years with the team that drafted them, even with a coaching change, and regardless of position.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

5 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Isn’t your track record lately when you beat a drum for a QB pretty ordinary? 

Let's see, Justin Herbert, Kyle Trask, Carson Strong, Matt Corral, Will Levis.  Keep in mind my "picks" are guys that I believe should have been picked higher. Also keep in mind I'm not picking the front runner, I pick for value.

We'd be so much better right now with ANY of those guys. 

18 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Levis is the toolsy guy playing well without a stacked side in a pro style offence against good competition. He will be QB1 when it’s all said and done the fine tooth comb comes out during draft season 

You may not be wrong.  I think he is the closest guy to Josh Allen in this draft.

• Beer 1