• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ADAM SCHEFTER: Panthers listening to Christian McCaffrey trade offers

TheSpecialJuan

23 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That’s not my point. Singletary’s contract is only through this season. We obviously aren’t making a run this season and should be trading for future assets. Cook is a rookie 2nd rounder with explosive speed. He can be an asset for the future of our team. 

I get it now, though I will say that we could trade for Singletary with the promise of an extension

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Fitterer is a fuging moron

why? they just leaked "the bar" now teams know where to start when negotiating. Obviously we wont get two first round picks. However, now teams know where to start negotiating down. If they dont call, then they dont call. 

The bottom line is that if we trade CMC we are putting ourselves in dead cap hell.... the only thing that makes that easier to deal with is cheap talented players in the way of early round picks.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

why? they just leaked "the bar" now teams know where to start when negotiating. Obviously we wont get two first round picks. However, now teams know where to start negotiating down. If they dont call, then they dont call. 

The bottom line is that if we trade CMC we are putting ourselves in dead cap hell.... the only thing that makes that easier to deal with is cheap talented players in the way of early round picks.

If that dumb motherfuger can get a first he needs to accept it the second it comes in.  Dont be cute with this.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Yep

I’m not just trading CMC to trade him. A team needs to send something of value to make absorbing that dead cap hit worth it.

CMC is 26 year old superstar when healthy. 

CMC would be a major help for our rookie QB next year BUT trading CMC also improves our chances of landing the #1 pick

I do believe it needs to be at minimum one first rounder. Then some other picks. I sure as sh!t don’t want Singletary or Cook

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If we gave up McCaffrey for a single first, especially one expected to be low, that's what I'd consider dumb.

You are nuts, if we can get a first for cmac and his contract that is charlie sheen level winning.   I dont understand the pedestal you guys are putting cmac on.   Running backs dont move the needle in the modern nfl.  They just dont

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yep

I’m not just trading CMC to trade him. A team needs to send something of value to make absorbing that dead cap hit worth it.

CMC is 26 year old superstar when healthy. 

CMC would be a major help for our rookie QB next year BUT trading CMC also improves our chances of landing the #1 pick

I do believe it needs to be at minimum one first rounder. Then some other picks. I sure as sh!t don’t want Singletary or Cook

If you are talking Bills or anther late first it would need to be a 1 & 3.

I rather hope we trade him at this point like others before him he deserves more than this sh*t show of a franchise.

• Poo 1