• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Way of the Panther (Jonathan Jones)

Mr. Scot

I can see dummy at his computer typing this up, I don't know how he was even successful in college with this crap. I know Ron's time ran its course but watching those all or nothing episodes made me realize why the players respected him. I can't imagine someone reading that crap and doing anything other than rolling their eyes. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, 3838 said:

I remember Seifert had a brief press conference when he was fired, can't remember if Capers or Fox did.

From what I remember, Seifert didn't have a "press conference" per se.

What happened was that he went and met with the players and talked to them about what they were going to be working on for next year despite having already been informed that he'd been fired. Shortly thereafter, they were told what had happened.

Players found it kind of surreal.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I can see dummy at his computer typing this up, I don't know how he was even successful in college with this crap. I know Ron's time ran its course but watching those all or nothing episodes made me realize why the players respected him. I can't imagine someone reading that crap and doing anything other than rolling their eyes. 

I'm not even sure he went to that much effort.

My guess would be he already had the document from his Baylor days, so all he had to do was go in and change it to say Carolina instead of Baylor, Panthers instead of Bears.

Who knows? It previously might have been entitled "The Way of the Bear".

Hell, at one point it may have been "The Way of the Owl" 😕

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not even sure he went to that much effort.

My guess would be he already had the document from his Baylor days, so all he had to do was go in and change it to say Carolina instead of Baylor, Panthers instead of Bears.

Who knows? It previously might have been entitled "The Way of the Bear".

Hell, at one point it may have been "The Way of the Owl" 😕

The way of the Catamount?