• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Winter is Coming.

Proudiddy

Actually, its already crept in quietly and kicked its feet up. 

I think I may find some new hobbies.  I just had a moment of clarity watching this game today...  this isnt stopping with Rhule.  He just jumpstarted the era we are now fully in.  It won't matter the coach.  It won't matter the QB.  It won't matter what other players we have...  Winter is here.  And the winter is called Tepper.

There was only one Cam Newton.  There won't be another.  No one is stepping through that door to help us.  Not Stroud.  Not Young.  Not Hooker.  No one.  There is no "next Cam," or "franchise QB" that we're gonna pick to turn it around.  Why?  Because whoever we pick will be the wrong guy.  That I'm certain of.  Remember the days of the Browns and Lions being the league laughingstocks?  We are now that.  And we will be for the entire foreseeable future.  There is no light at the end of the tunnel for this franchise...  the league has been trying to tell us ehat they think of us since Superbowl 50.  He'll, even going back to Superbowl 38, where they covered up the Pats cheating beforehand by destroying evidence.  Think back to Superbowl 50 snd all that horrible officiating.  Think back to them letting Cam get beaten like no other QB has before or since that entire year in 2016.  And think of how they have treated us since...  we finally succumbed to their pressure.  They awarded their boy Tepper a franchise, but he has to pay his penance and allow us to be the league's patsy for advancing their storylines and agendas, as they always have.  And Tepper is more than willing to cooperate.  Hell, he's doing a better job than even they expected at sabotaging our success.

Buckle in ladies and gentlemen....  it's going to be a long, dark, dreary ride.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

That’s a lot of conspiracy talk for me, but I don’t think Tepper is going to suddenly figure out how to hire a great coach and run a team.

He had a reputation now and it’s going to cost us. 

If I had to bet on it, I’d say we won’t get a true franchise type (mid tier) QB and coach until the end of this decade.

By then, Tepper will have grown frustrated and bored with the Panthers and turned it over to someone else to run.

• Beer 1

Just now, Tbe said:

That’s a lot of conspiracy talk for me, but I don’t think Tepper is going to suddenly figure out how to hire a great coach and run a team.

If I had to bet on it, I’d say we won’t get a true franchise type (mid tier) QB and coach until the end of this decade.

By then, Tepper will have grown frustrated and bored with the Panthers and turned it over to someone else to run.

Regardless if you agree with the conspiracy talk, the outcome we agree on.  But I could see it taking much longer than a decade.

People keep acting like tanking will fix it all...  they need to check the hit/miss rate on 1st round QBs.  Not only is it not guaranteed, but our odds of whiffing again are just as high as actually getting it halfway right...  and with how the organization is being run, I know what direction I see that going...  Rhule wasn't the only one in over his head.

12 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Actually, its already crept in quietly and kicked its feet up. 

I think I may find some new hobbies.  I just had a moment of clarity watching this game today...  this isnt stopping with Rhule.  He just jumpstarted the era we are now fully in.  It won't matter the coach.  It won't matter the QB.  It won't matter what other players we have...  Winter is here.  And the winter is called Tepper.

There was only one Cam Newton.  There won't be another.  No one is stepping through that door to help us.  Not Stroud.  Not Young.  Not Hooker.  No one.  There is no "next Cam," or "franchise QB" that we're gonna pick to turn it around.  Why?  Because whoever we pick will be the wrong guy.  That I'm certain of.  Remember the days of the Browns and Lions being the league laughingstocks?  We are now that.  And we will be for the entire foreseeable future.  There is no light at the end of the tunnel for this franchise...  the league has been trying to tell us ehat they think of us since Superbowl 50.  He'll, even going back to Superbowl 38, where they covered up the Pats cheating beforehand by destroying evidence.  Think back to Superbowl 50 snd all that horrible officiating.  Think back to them letting Cam get beaten like no other QB has before or since that entire year in 2016.  And think of how they have treated us since...  we finally succumbed to their pressure.  They awarded their boy Tepper a franchise, but he has to pay his penance and allow us to be the league's patsy for advancing their storylines and agendas, as they always have.  And Tepper is more than willing to cooperate.  Hell, he's doing a better job than even they expected at sabotaging our success.

Buckle in ladies and gentlemen....  it's going to be a long, dark, dreary ride.

kurt braunohler jet ski GIF

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Panthers8969 said:

Disagree. We’re a qb and HC hit away from competing. Hardest positions to find good talent at but the rest of this roster could easy get us to a wildcard with good coaching

And yet, look at the turnover in both of those positions of need...  you're much more likely to miss, and it takes years to find either of them.  We have to find both.  We caught lightning in a bottle with Cam.  Like I said, that isn't happening again.  We had our window, and the NFL slammed it shut. 

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And yet, look at the turnover in both of those positions of need...  you're much more likely to miss, and it takes years to find either of them.  We have to find both.  We caught lightning in a bottle with Cam.  Like I said, that isn't happening again.  We had our window, and the NFL slammed it shut. 

I’m not talking about likelihood. I literally said in my post it was easier said than done. What am saying is that you’re underestimating the impact of 1) a nfl level head coach (not college wannabe) and 2) a good qb. If by some miracle we hit on one or even both of these this off-season the team will be dramatically improved. 

Frankly, not even sure what this topic is. “Woe is me the panthers are cursed.” You sound moronic. Go carry madam zeroni up a mountain then if we’re so cursed 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Tbe said:

How do you figure that? There are multiple franchise QB type guys in this years draft, and we’re barreling towards the number 1 pick. Get Stroud, get a real coach and OC, and right the ship. It’s not that bad 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

How do you figure that? There are multiple franchise QB type guys in this years draft, and we’re barreling towards the number 1 pick. Get Stroud, get a real coach and OC, and right the ship. It’s not that bad 

Yep.  We have a solid young OL to drop a rookie QB behind plus a young core on defense with Brown, Burns, Horn, and Chinn.  It's really not the worse place to be in.  Replace McAdoo with a coach that knows how to call an offense and replace our terrible QBs with a talented young signal caller and we could be competitive pretty quickly.

• Pie 1