• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who is better, Stroud or Young?

Randolph Panther

1 hour ago, RJK said:

Would anyone trade the #1 pick for Lamar Jackson? 

fug no.

Our team needs to be built not just QB. We need dlineman because we can pay burns unless we can unload poo contracts like shaq Anderson and Thomas. Our cap is in the gutter.

Your new coaching regimen is going to like a high pick and a healthy cap otherwise not only do you not attract the best but they’re set up for failure.

We also need LBs and contrary to popular option we need WRs. Also will need a decent RB after CMC.

Time and time again it’s said you try and compete years 3-5 of a rookie QB contract, ideally. 

Edited by onmyown

6 minutes ago, WestPanthers said:

Just hire Shane Steichen as HC and let him pick the Qb he wants. Maybe he thinks Matt Corrals is better than all of them?

Also ppl mentioned trade high pick for Lamar Jackson but you have to remember that you have to pay a chunk for his contract and no more cap to build around him vs the rookie contract.

Outstanding point and the more I think about it Lamar Jackson as a passer may leave a team always wanting more.  He can be very inaccurate 

9 minutes ago, WestPanthers said:

Just hire Shane Steichen as HC and let him pick the Qb he wants. Maybe he thinks Matt Corrals is better than all of them?

Also ppl mentioned trade high pick for Lamar Jackson but you have to remember that you have to pay a chunk for his contract and no more cap to build around him vs the rookie contract.

Screenshot_20221014-152035~2.png

Just came to say that it is absolutely insane how many of you write a player off due to the school they attend. I mean I know internet forums aren't exactly a haven for rocket scientists, but I can't imagine being so dull to actually think that the school they attend means ANYTHING. I remember people said the same thing about USC WR's. Until JuJu came into the league, and Amon Ra St. Brown, and Drake London, etc.

Neither are Andrew Luck, or maybe not even Trevor Lawrence-type prospects, but Young and Stroud are both very very good QB prospects that you feel good about taking #1 overall in like 75% of drafts. At this point I'm not even going to attach myself to one or the other, just bring me one of the two and I'll be very excited.

• Pie 4

A wasted pick if Corral beats them out. Corral was already comparable to these guys in size and stats. Corral is also mobile like Levis just about an inch shorter and about ten pounds lighter. Corral was more accurate throughout his college career though.

I'm on the Levis bandwagon this year, I was before it was cool but if he's not better than Corral we may pass up on a franchise DE or two just to figure that out.

We needed to evaluate Corral and he was bubble wrapped just as I said before camp. This is a predicament.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, RJK said:

Would anyone trade the #1 pick for Lamar Jackson? 

If we got Payton or Harbaugh and that's who they wanted at QB, sure. Otherwise, hard pass. QBs on massive contracts, which he'll get, rarely win it all. And his style of play has me seriously concerned longer term. Not to mention there are concerns about his play, as we've seen with some of his struggles the last 2-3 weeks after a hot start.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

A wasted pick if Corral beats them out. Corral was already comparable to these guys in size and stats. Corral is also mobile like Levis just about an inch shorter and about ten pounds lighter. Corral was more accurate throughout his college career though.

I'm on the Levis bandwagon this year, I was before it was cool but if he's not better than Corral we may pass up on a franchise DE or two just to figure that out.

We needed to evaluate Corral and he was bubble wrapped just as I said before camp. This is a predicament.

Lol you don’t pass up on Young/Stroud for Corral, you are out of your mind. That’s exactly how you get stuck without a franchise guy.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Franchise DE?

Yeah let’s pair that franchise DE with Burns, we can then lose games 20-10 instead of 24-10.

I liked Corral as well, but there’s a reason he was available where he was. He’s not a comparable prospect to any Stroud/Young. If we are are #1, we will absolutely be taking a QB, Corral will be the last thing on the front offices mind. He can still come in and compete, but there’s not a chance he changes their plans.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

If we got Payton or Harbaugh and that's who they wanted at QB, sure. Otherwise, hard pass. QBs on massive contracts, which he'll get, rarely win it all. And his style of play has me seriously concerned longer term. Not to mention there are concerns about his play, as we've seen with some of his struggles the last 2-3 weeks after a hot start.

Jim Harbaugh has a proven track record of turning disfunctional NFL franchises into winners. He's working with the next generation of players coming into the NFL soon. He killed it at Stanford with Luck, he dragged those ungrateful sissy boy 49ers to the Superbowl with a one read QB he built an offense for who looks like garbage without him now. Former Carolina Panther. Enough said.