• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Shocker: Texans part ways with Jack Easterby

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Someone recently compared Panthers exec Steven Drummond's influence to Easterby's (still not buying that) but Easterby himself is out.

I could see Drummond being similar on some levels.  He might not be the toxic figure Easterby is....but he could still be way overpowered in the org given his background. 

• Flames 1

From everything I heard about Easterby then it is a great move for them. I am shocked their owner did this because he seemed like a great fit there, not good but fit. What is next Kiem gets fired along with Clingsberries? Bad NFL owners doing good things? Craziness

Edited by Waldo

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I could see Drummond being similar on some levels.  He might not be the toxic figure Easterby is....but he could still be way overpowered in the org given his background. 

The basic comparison is that he's a guy influencing major football decisions despite having pretty much zero football background.

And toxic or not, it is fair to point out he played a big role in the hiring of Matt Rhule.

Does make you wonder if Rhule's colossal failure has any effect on his status.

• Pie 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The basic comparison is that he's a guy influencing major football decisions despite having pretty much zero football background.

And toxic or not, it is fair to point out he played a big role in the hiring of Matt Rhule.

Does make you wonder if Rhule's colossal failure has any effect on his status.

I would imagine it might.  I think Rhule was a such a dumpster fire that I would imagine it is a sore spot with Tepper. 

and Drummond isn't a Tepper guy.  He is another hold over from the prior era.  Pretty much the last one of note.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I would imagine it might.  I think Rhule was a such a dumpster fire that I would imagine it is a sore spot with Tepper. 

and Drummond isn't a Tepper guy.  He is another hold over from the prior era.  Pretty much the last one of note.  

Valid. We'd heard Tepper trusted him a lot (having him be part of the coaching search validated that).

But now? 😕

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Tepper would be best served to purge any holdovers from the prior era that are either not a good fit or don’t have sufficient NFL experience. We need more “football people” making decisions not JAGs.

1 hour ago, UNCrules2187 said:

pls no

WTF, just when I thought Tepper couldn't possibly get any stupider this comes out. What a disaster this team is under Tepper. I honestly do wonder if he's intentionally running it into the ground so Charlotte/NC don't give him money for a new stadium and he can move the team. The soccer thing was so he can divert the blame saying he wanted to be here long term but the city/state gave him no choice. What a piece of sh*t this dude is.

• Pie 1