• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones: Tepper now looking for "a young offensive mind"

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Thats pretty obviously all on Cam at this point... its no secret Cam does/did things his own way.

Rivera enabled that.

We've heard that Rivera  never allowed Newton to have "hard coaching" from Dorsey (or much of anyone). He basically made Dorsey Cam's buddy / sounding board.

I have criticisms of Ken Dorsey, but none of them relate to his performance in Carolina.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera enabled that.

We've heard that Rivera  never allowed Newton to have "hard coaching" from Dorsey (or much of anyone). He basically made Dorsey Cam's buddy / sounding board.

I have criticisms of Ken Dorsey, but none of them relate to his performance in Carolina.

The same Rivera that suspended Cam for not wearing a suit? I find it hard to believe that RR was on the "be soft on Cam" train.... 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Point being that you need to look for more than just a profile similar to McVay.

Dont let perfect be the enemy of good enough.

The only "perfect" candidate is Sean Payton and its not happening until 2024 when his contract expires in N.O. 

i think Ken Dorsey checks every checkbox with the information available to us.

14 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I’ve never seen idiotic billionaires, you may not like him because he’s made some ownership mistakes but idiot lol

plenty of rich and educated fools out there. some clumsily and luckily stumble into success and some just get lucky while some are near savants in one area of expertise, but idiots in just about any other. 

it depends on the realm of knowledge. being an expert in the world of hedge funds doesn't necessarily mean you'd be an expert in running a football team anymore than fixing a lawn mower or directing a high school musical.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, thunderraiden said:

Dont let perfect be the enemy of good enough.

The only "perfect" candidate is Sean Payton and its not happening until 2024 when his contract expires in N.O. 

i think Ken Dorsey checks every checkbox with the information available to us.

There's actually still quite a bit of season to go, but I'm on the "young offensive minds" subset, I'd be more interested in Ben Johnson than Dorsey.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

There's actually still quite a bit of season to go, but I'm on the "young offensive minds" subset, I'd be more interested in Ben Johnson than Dorsey.

I need to see more from Ben Johnson before jumping on that train. Still plenty of season to go. At least with Steichen he has a resume for building offenses and coaching young QBs.