• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robbie Anderson traded to Arizona

jamos14

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

It’s only $900k for this season (base salary) and next year is $12m but not guaranteed. The acquiring team does not take on prorated bonus/money. 

Which we'd have been on the hook for anyway when we cut him after the season to save the $12M not-guaranteed. At least this way we get a little something back for him. I'm stoked.

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

It’s only $900k for this season (base salary) and next year is $12m but not guaranteed. The acquiring team does not take on prorated bonus/money. 

If Hollywood Brown hadn't gotten injured yesterday we probably would have to just cut him. They had like 3 WR's left on the roster so had to get someone. 

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

What does his hair and how he talks have to do with anything, though? 

We make fun of Baker's height, we made fun of Drew Brees and his mole, we made fun of Gettleman and his shorts, we make fun of Tom Brady's prissy looks, we made fun of Rhule's fat, we made fun of JR looking like a corpse, etc. Robby has a funny-looking haircut. PERIOD. It's perfectly reasonable to mock it.

Now, if you want to argue how Robbie speaks/types is a product of his upbringing fine. But you really need to back it up with proof. But we called Cam out on his inane font usage. Social media is fair game. Jesus, Gronkowski is dumber than a box of rocks and if he tweeted odd stuff it'd be perfectly fine to mock him for it. You're a public figure.

Mocking is not racism.

• Pie 8

15 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We make fun of Baker's height, we made fun of Drew Brees and his mole, we made fun of Gettleman and his shorts, we make fun of Tom Brady's prissy looks, we made fun of Rhule's fat, we made fun of JR looking like a corpse, etc. Robby has a funny-looking haircut. PERIOD. It's perfectly reasonable to mock it.

Now, if you want to argue how Robbie speaks/types is a product of his upbringing fine. But you really need to back it up with proof. But we called Cam out on his inane font usage. Social media is fair game. Jesus, Gronkowski is dumber than a box of rocks and if he tweeted odd stuff it'd be perfectly fine to mock him for it. You're a public figure.

Mocking is not racism.

it's just a little suspect they're going after (1) his hair, which is locks and extremely black, and (2) his register of speech, which is unapologetically AAE and extremely black. it feels like they're using robbie sucking and being a jerk as a vehicle to bag on black culture 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, PhillyB said:

it's just a little suspect they're going after (1) his hair, which is locks and extremely black, and (2) his register of speech, which is unapologetically AAE and extremely black. it feels like they're using robbie sucking and being a jerk as a vehicle to bag on black culture 

Dude.  And this will be my last post on this.

Between Robbies actions, interviews and twitter posts the dude is a fuging moron.  It has nothing to do with his dialect or register of speech.  Its crazy to try and tag the racism label to folks laughing at this dumb motherfuger.   He cannot string together 2 fuging sentences where he doesnt sound idiotic.  I get it, thats his shtick but being labeled a retard and being laughed at goes with that territory.   I mean is basic English that hard to learn?

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

Yeah mock him for dropping passing, whining about fans booing, not performing after getting paid, calling Sir Purr a bear. Plenty of material there. His hair and register of speech doesn’t really matter. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dude.  And this will be my last post on this.

Between Robbies actions, interviews and twitter posts the dude is a fuging moron.  It has nothing to do with his dialect or register of speech.  Its crazy to try and tag the racism label to folks laughing at this dumb motherfuger.   He cannot string together 2 fuging sentences where he doesnt sound idiotic.  I get it, thats his shtick but being labeled a retard and being laughed at goes with that territory.   I mean is basic English that hard to learn?

saying AAE speakers should learn basic english is racist, full stop. you just negated everything you said prior to this.

• Poo 2