• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Anderson now gone, who's next?

davos

Who do we see as being the next to punch their ticket out of this lovely completely not-awful situation?

Options:

• No one, this was an obvious move, but should probably hold on to the big names/core talent
  • CMC (I'm sure him and Olivia would love LA or Miami)
  • Shaq Thompson 
  • Brian Burns (Contract year, no new deal yet--core piece?)
  • Ben McAdoo via firing or he just decides to stay home and doesn't come back
  • DJ Moore
  • Other, explain

• Beer 1

I don't foresee any big names moving. Trading CMC for some of the deals you see floated out there (PFF mentioned Bills sending a 2023 4th and a 2024 2nd) when trading him only nets Carolina $1.1m in cap space in 2023 makes no sense especially because none of his salary is guaranteed after this season.

The biggest name I could see being moved at the deadline is Donte Jackson. Reasonable contract for a contender who needs secondary help to take on. We'd take a dead money hit on the signing bonus but free up space in 23.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I can't see anyone being shipped out to be honest. Unless someone just offers the house for CMC. Miami doesnt have the capital, rams do not either, and the other team being the Bills just proved they dont need to spend the capital on CMC. 

Maybe Donte Jackson?

I've honestly grown to like Jackson.  He improved his tackling drastically these past few seasons.  I think we stay put but there could be a sleeper AFC team for CMC methinks.  

6 minutes ago, Vox said:

Bad cap situation in 2023 and Shaq Thompson saves us the most money (13m). He's the most logical choice if he's not traded or cut he probably gets extended to lower his cap hit for next year.

I have never seen Shaq miss so many tackles on Sunday. He has had a disappointing season so far, and I am not sure what his role is on this defense.