• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Scott Fitterer will continue as Panthers GM in '23

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

At the post draft presser Scott praised Matt Rhule who was on the phone and personally made this trade with Bill Belichik. We should have known then...

With these future picks deals, you need to win.

Everyone bags on the Sam Darnold trade, its was a future 2nd. In some books thats a now 3rd, depends.

The pats has a story I could tell, but I dont want too, no hating panther GM fan would care/understand. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

With these future picks deals, you need to win.

Everyone bags on the Sam Darnold trade, its was a future 2nd. In some books thats a now 3rd, depends.

The pats has a story I could tell, but I dont want too, no hating panther GM fan would care/understand. 

His was bidding against himself.   

• Beer 1

I think Scott needs a fair shake without Rhule's funk lingering around.  The GMs traditional role is to go find and sign the talent and the coaches job is to motivate/teach/develop them.  Fitterer's true GM role was limited with Rhule's meddling and Matt himself couldn't even hold down his end of the job.

• Pie 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

I think Scott needs a fair shake without Rhule's funk lingering around.  The GMs traditional role is to go find and sign the talent and the coaches job is to motivate/teach/develop them.  Fitterer's true GM role was limited with Rhule's meddling and Matt himself couldn't even hold down his end of the job.

He is a gm cuck that agreed to a job with no power.   That’s best case scenario.    We need clean house.    There are a ton of poo moves he has made since he got hired.  If this was supposedly rhule then his ass better show tepper receipts that he was against it.  I mean trading for darnold and baker should be firing offenses on general principle.    And there are a ton more of bad moves

• Pie 2

Only thing I don't like about him is him trading away picks constantly. Would've been real nice to have ALL of our picks this year since we're going to be picking so high. Could say the same for last year. 

Unless Corrall ends up being qb of the future somehow trading up for him particularly was bad. Same with that cursed CJ Henderson trade. At some point you just need to eat your mistakes and try again next year not keep burying yourself deeper in a hole.

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 3

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

His was bidding against himself.   

There was a report 49ers were offering picks as well, no clue if its real or not. I even think it was 1st(be a late one). 

Bro I didnt want Sam, nor did I like the trade package for. 50+ posts of me bitachin about that it when it happened. Got into it will a few huddlers that defended it, @TheMostInterestingMan manned up and apologized afterwards. 

Still if your boss tells you to buy taco bell for lunch, what do you do? 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Still if your boss tells you to buy taco bell for lunch, what do you do?

Well I can tell you one thing if your NFL general manager is a glorified errand boy you go out and get yourself a real general manager who won't settle for such a role with a professional team.

• Pie 6

Just now, frankw said:

Well I can tell you one thing if your NFL general manager is a glorified errand boy you go out and get yourself a real general manager who won't settle for such a role with a professional team.

One of the guys who did just that has a Super Bowl ring to show for it.

(would've had two if not for a Russell Wilson audible)