• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Fire Sale" not happening

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In the end this is what is going to happen I believe.  We are 2 years minimum out from competing, why put cmac through that when we can get resources for him and put him in a better situation?

Put him through what? He’s getting paid. He’s a professional. 

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

It’s a huge risk to keep him this year. His main value is this cheap year. After the deadline, his value drops. And who knows what a new coach/staff will want to do. If they want to move on without him, his value probably drops to a 3rd at best. If he doesn’t get hurt again.  Take a late first or early second and do what most teams do. Draft quality young cheap RBs. 

Like Chuba Hubbard?

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we are 2 years minimum from competing, thats best case scenario

Not if we get a good coach and QB. Plenty of teams in worse shape than us outside those two spots have turned it around quickly. I know it’s edgy and trendy to let emotion say the team is complete trash and going to take X years to turn around, but there’s no way to know that. The Giants still have much worse talent top to bottom than us but they’re competing now. All it took was year one of a new coach. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we are 2 years minimum from competing, thats best case scenario

That's complete hogwash. This team is terrible because of terrible coaching. I could see us with 9 wins next year with the right coach. Our defense will keep us in most games with a good coach and avg QB. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, Snake said:

That's complete hogwash. This team is terrible because of terrible coaching. I could see us with 9 wins next year with the right coach. Our defense will keep us in most games with a good coach and avg QB. 

You're exactly right. Look at what the Giants are doing this year.

Had we jettisoned Rhule last season, I think we'd have probably been sitting here with the current Giant's coaching staff in a much lighter shade of blue than they are wearing now.

Our personnel aren't that different, but the coaching is miles apart.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

You're exactly right. Look at what the Giants are doing this year.

Had we jettisoned Rhule last season, I think we'd have probably been sitting here with the current Giant's coaching staff in a much lighter shade of blue than they are wearing now.

Our personnel aren't that different, but the coaching is miles apart.

1. How often does that happen?

2. Who is the qb?

3. Who is the coach?

Simple analytics tell you the odds are long for a new head coach and new qb to come in and compete for the playoffs in year 1. 

The Athletic weighs in on the trading of cmac.

https://theathletic.com/3706898/2022/10/19/christian-mccaffrey-trade-offers/

Spoiler:  He doesnt hold the value like the bulk of the posters think he does.

If Fitt can get a first he gone.  If we trade him its probably going to multiple day 2 picks.

Edited by mrcompletely11

31 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The Athletic weighs in on the trading of cmac.

https://theathletic.com/3706898/2022/10/19/christian-mccaffrey-trade-offers/

Spoiler:  He doesnt hold the value like the bulk of the posters think he does.

If Fitt can get a first he gone.  If we trade him its probably going to multiple day 2 picks.

Do we even save money with that huge dead money hit? Might as well keep him as a weapon for our rookie if we only get a couple day 2. 

• Beer 1