• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Article

Jay Roosevelt

3 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

So I Bryce a better qb than Mac Jones and Tua? I thought he was but looking at the numbers, Tua and mac had way better numbers statistically. Granted I don’t think Young has the talent at WR that they had and apparently he’s the most rushed Qb. So maybe the numbers are misleading?

So Tuas best year at Alabama was his Sophomore year.  He had:

69% - 3966 yards - 43 TDs - 6 INTS

Mac Jones best year was his Junior year

77.4% - 4500 yards - 41 TDs - 4 INTs

Bryce's only full year starting was last year and he went for :

66.9% - 4872 yards - 47 TDs - 7 INTs - and this year is looking to be in line with his stats from last year, he has almost the exact same rating now as he did all last year.

So how do you get that Tua and Jones had way better stats?  Young has the most yards and most TDs in a season.  INT numbers are comparable.  Only thing Mac does better is completion percentage, and Tua and Bryce are pretty much the same.  Overall it appears that Young has the better stats.

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bama QBs IMO deserve the rep even more so than Ohio St QBs though.  They never work out.  So I always have a yellow flag up on them. 

I mean the only one to date that really has is the one Bama didn't want and went to OU.  And basically on Cam Newton in recent history has been better built for the NFL. 

Well yeah if you're talking recently for sure.

Both these guys scare me.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean if his first option is open what do you want him to do?? Ignore him and keep going through progressions. He has shown he can go through them when needed and hits his WRs in stride. Open or not it’s typically right on the money. Can’t hate in the man for having talent around him…

He can make all the throws with pinpoint accuracy and has the release, size, and athletic ability you want in a QB. Having a talented team isn’t a negative. Young just had a top LT and WR in his last draft class and I’m not holding that against his last year accomplishments.

Burton WR, Gibbs RB, plus a large amount of defensive players will see early round picks. Alabama’s talent will almost always outmatch their opponents just like OSU’s.

Just take a look at the mock drafts and QB rankings right now and see which QB is ranked higher. There is still a lot of football left but right now it’s Stroud 1, Young 2. 

I'm not blaming CJ for throwing to open WRs. that's is what he supposed to do.

I'm saying as an evaluator, it's hard to evaluate someone whose 1st read is always opened.

Yes, they look good now, but will they, if they have to consistently go thru progression? the truth is we don't know that abt CJ, due to the talent he has. can he do it? sure he can, but we don't know. 

lots of ppl r mocking current results. that's why the draft is not a science & ppl take Baker Mayfield & Sam Darnold over Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson...

CJ has a big arm & his accurate, but QB at the NFL level is about going thru progression, read complex defenses, manipulate defenses etc...In that dept. I'm giving Bryce the edge because I'm seeing him do that right now with less talent. I disagree with you that Bama's talent this year (especially on offense) is head & shoulder above their all of their competition. Speaking of Mocks, I haven't seen anybody mock Burton in 1st round...

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I'm saying as an evaluator, it's hard to evaluate someone whose 1st read is always opened.

Yes, they look good now, but will they, if they have to consistently go thru progression? the truth is we don't know that abt CJ, due to the talent he has. can he do it? sure he can, but we don't know. 

lots of ppl r mocking current results. that's why the draft is not a science & ppl take Baker Mayfield & Sam Darnold over Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson...

CJ has a big arm & his accurate, but QB at the NFL level is about going thru progression, read complex defenses, manipulate defenses etc...In that dept. I'm giving Bryce the edge because I'm seeing him do that right now with less talent. I disagree with you that Bama's talent this year (especially on offense) is head & shoulder above their all of their competition. Speaking of Mocks, I haven't seen anybody mock Burton in 1st round...

He's so short he won't be able to play from the pocket.

11 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jermaine-burton-wr-alabama-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/
They state he could sneak into late 1st to early 2nd. 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

when Clemson wins another natty this year do you guys think DJU becomes our primary target at the #1 overall spot? 

Trolled GIFs | Tenor

Well he’s 6’4 and 230lbs so he’s obviously much better and NFL ready than Young. *sarcasm*

This coming from a Clemson fanzzz 

4 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Ignoring the fact that Young looks like a child among men on the field, he plays the position of QB really well and it looks so fluid the way he does it. 

Quick release, strong arm, reads the entire field, decisive, great pocket awareness. 

His game is top 3 pick worthy, his size is UDFA worthy. 

I like the way he plays QB and if the powers that be chose him I would not be upset. 

The guy is incredibly fun to watch. He's not as fun for me as cam was in college, but he's a legend. Young is still exciting. Reminds me of a younger and less sucky and very frustrating Russell Wilson. He's just got that ability to pull miracles out of his ass and leaves you going "how the hell did he just do that?"

But that size..... I just can't overlook it.

Hendon Hooker looks really interesting. Not spectacular, but still can do it all. I think he'd be good.  Stroud is a really good passer, but pretty one dimensional as a QB. I just want to see more out of him. Same with Levis. I think both him and Stroud will be good, but Cam spoiled me. I want that dual threat guy. 

But I'll be happy with any QB that can take the team down the field and into the end zone. It doesn't really matter how he does it as long as they do it a lot, especially in clutch situations.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, joemac said:

So Tuas best year at Alabama was his Sophomore year.  He had:

69% - 3966 yards - 43 TDs - 6 INTS

Mac Jones best year was his Junior year

77.4% - 4500 yards - 41 TDs - 4 INTs

Bryce's only full year starting was last year and he went for :

66.9% - 4872 yards - 47 TDs - 7 INTs - and this year is looking to be in line with his stats from last year, he has almost the exact same rating now as he did all last year.

So how do you get that Tua and Jones had way better stats?  Young has the most yards and most TDs in a season.  INT numbers are comparable.  Only thing Mac does better is completion percentage, and Tua and Bryce are pretty much the same.  Overall it appears that Young has the better stats.

They had higher completion percentages, less ints, higher ratings, and more yards per attempt

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Bama QBs IMO deserve the rep even more so than Ohio St QBs though.  They never work out.  So I always have a yellow flag up on them. 

I mean the only one to date that really has is the one Bama didn't want and went to OU.  And basically on Cam Newton in recent history has been better built for the NFL. 

And yet cam newton is out of the league, didn’t even make it but about 10 years, meanwhile Tom Brady is still in the league at age 45 and look how out of shape he looked and he lasted a decade more than cam. Look at Dree Bree’s, small as poo and played 20 years.  Size and muscles don’t always equal longevity.

6 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

And yet cam newton is out of the league, didn’t even make it but about 10 years, meanwhile Tom Brady is still in the league at age 45 and look how out of shape he looked and he lasted a decade more than cam. Look at Dree Bree’s, small as poo and played 20 years.  Size and muscles don’t always equal longevity.

Drew and Brady are pocket passers. 

That's where longevity comes from.