• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'll be surprised if the Niners are in the Super Bowl. I don't see them getting far with Jimmy G going toe to toe with the best QB's in the NFL. And that's what it will come down to. You can have the best RB in the league but your QB is going to have to get it done if you want to be in the championship and we saw how that ended in last years playoffs.

Either going to be Eagles or Bucs from NFC

they most likely find away to get Brady another ring as an underdog it is what it is

Edited by ZoneRead
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, ZoneRead said:

I see what your trying to do...

No one else on the team that gets  traded or cut is going to make some on the huddle act like the team never going to win anything again because they are not here anymore.

Every position is   replaceable period  but we need a franchise QB and build around him and A good HC and staff.

we moved on from Jake, we moved on from Smith/Moose we moved on with CAM/Luke 

which all them we got somewhere    2 NFC championships and 2 Superbowl losses but we where competitive  and had an Identity.

We will move on from him  CMC   tons of Marshal Faulk/ Brian westbrook  backs out there they will spring up until football is crusted away and never played again.

So save that BS your trying to spout most likely he wanted to be traded.

I don't think you do bud. I mostly agree. My problem's with folks saying CMC can't be worth much if we aren't winning while rating his fellow losers on the team highly. 

Our fanbase has a weird man-crush on Christian. I'm almost certain he wanted out and asked to be 49er.

Did he ever really engage with fans, or the community? I never really got the feel he liked the Carolinas, which is probably why he didn't spend much time here. The guy was quiet, keeping to himself.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

So you're saying there haven't been any sure fire locks in the last 18 years, and only two in the last 25. Why does any team ever draft a QB then?

Big Ben was such a lock he was drafted outside the top 10.

2 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It's the Perfect time now for Tepper to scout places to relocate!

LOL The Panthers are not going anywhere, man.  Its a non-starter.  The NFL needs a team in Charlotte.  It's in the perfect geographical location between Atlanta and DC.  The team makes tons of money.  What indication has Tepper or the NFL ever given that they want the team to move, or would approve said move even if Tepper wanted to?

3 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Our fanbase has a weird man-crush on Christian. I'm almost certain he wanted out and asked to be 49er.

Did he ever really engage with fans, or the community? I never really got the feel he liked the Carolinas, which is probably why he didn't spend much time here. The guy was quiet, keeping to himself.

CMC was a very talented football player for us. 
I think there was a time that CMC would just play though some of the injuries he had the past two years.   Then he got paid. I think he and the coaching staff knew we weren't contending, so if he got  more than a bruise, he sat.  He's now been preserved so he can go tear up for a contender, which is what he is going to do.

In the end, we traded CMC for what we paid for Darnold and Baker.  If the 9ers do well, we got less.

• Pie 3

38 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'll be surprised if the Niners are in the Super Bowl. I don't see them getting far with Jimmy G going toe to toe with the best QB's in the NFL. And that's what it will come down to. You can have the best RB in the league but your QB is going to have to get it done if you want to be in the championship and we saw how that ended in last years playoffs.

They've still got serious issues on the o-line, tons of injuries on defense and Jimmy G as their QB.  Lets not go anointing them just yet. 

• Beer 1