• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer / Wilks Presser

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I disagree, he insinuated cmac was part of the process and was kept abreast of the situation the entire time. 

So where in this does it imply CMC requested a trade or wanted out.

Fitterer said he notified CMC earlier in the week when they started getting calls.  Said several teams were testing the waters and later it got more intense.  He also said which I find funny you don't acknowledge.  He said all CMC was focused on was Tampa.   I don't think a player that wants out is going to be focused on the next team.

Usually crap like that gets out to the media one way or another.  I never saw anything where CMC asked for a trade or implied he wanted out.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

The Saints game was them playing their worst, with a lot of injuries.

And if you think we were ever in that game against an injury depleted Rams team, you are just looking at the score. We were downright pathetic.

We were getting our asses kicked again and again and again. Getting rid of CMC didn't insure us of losing out, we were going to do that anyway. 

yeah, you get that in the NFL.  You also get random games where people muff punts and the ball just bounces against you all game. 

hell, just look at what a tiny bit of energy did to the Panthers the day Cam returned.  We smashed the Cardinals.   NFL gets weird.  Then went right back to being the clown show. 

and yeah, lets go back to that Rams game.  We were down right pathetic.  And even in game it was talked about how it sure looked like we were coaching to lose.  They prevented PJ from doing so basics we know he could.  The end of the first half was comically suspect with those 3 timeouts.  The Panthers coaching staff did everything they could to not win that game IMO.  

CMC was a problem that game.  Ane the Panther staff went out of there way to neuter him as best they could.  Comical even.  And if they even allowed PJ to do some basics, I think they knew they might accidently win that that game.  So they didn't allow it.  They couldn't allow a repeat of AZ the year before.   

I don't think that is a conspiracy at this point.  That Rams game was suspect.  And that's not all hindsight.  Lot people thought that by the half. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

The end of the first half was comically suspect with those 3 timeouts.  The Panthers coaching staff did everything they could to not win that game IMO. 

That Rams game was suspect.  And that's not all hindsight.  Lot people thought that by the half. 

Wilks today:
"There's no such thing as tanking when it comes to myself."

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

Wilks today:
"There's no such thing as tanking when it comes to myself."

I believe NFL coaches about as much as I believe politicians when talking in front of a camera.   

Fitt was up their lying to people's faces this afternoon too.  It's just what they do. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I believe NFL coaches about as much as I believe politicians when talking in front of a camera.   

Fitt was up their lying to people's faces this afternoon too.  It's just what they do. 

Other teams see what we're doing.  Expect the aints, bucs, and falcons to play to lose if the game doesn't matter.

10 hours ago, Silent Majority said:

Someone said we basically traded CMC for Darnold and Mayfield and I cannot get passed that. 

The draft compensation nearly breaks even, the cap hits I haven't looked into. I gotta put that on Rhule trying to save his job by gambling on jag QB's hoping something sticks

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

So where in this does it imply CMC requested a trade or wanted out.

Fitterer said he notified CMC earlier in the week when they started getting calls.  Said several teams were testing the waters and later it got more intense.  He also said which I find funny you don't acknowledge.  He said all CMC was focused on was Tampa.   I don't think a player that wants out is going to be focused on the next team.

Usually crap like that gets out to the media one way or another.  I never saw anything where CMC asked for a trade or implied he wanted out.

CMC would never quit on a team but I think he is happy to be traded to a better situation and a chance to compete in the playoffs.