• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HOPE And FACTS.. The last two times we finished dead last in the league, it worked out pretty well.

panthersgreenville

2 hours ago, poundaway said:

Did you cut and paste that from the 2018 Jags, Browns or Jets board?

So should we not draft a QB?  The Bengals hit gold with Burrow and Lawrence is looking like he could be legit now that he has a coach.  Those were the last two 1st over picks that were QBs.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I feel like my tank plan for 2020 is just coming out in these new threads. First it was opposing QBs (especially in division) in the NFC dropping like flies with no young guns and now the fact  that we’ve tanked before and it worked great.

You are also missing year 2 of tank when we still had a top 10 pick because we won’t be a playoff team in year 2. Basically, the tanking got us Peppers and Gross and Cam and Luke.

My tank or "plan" was to let Cam play out that last year along with no crazy trading or re-signing of players. Now 20/20 and all, Cam was not worth 19 million, but none was guaranteed either....if all coaches meeting started going "this guy is done"...well take out the sissors and make a painful cut sense its clear no team would trade for him. Id have those comp picks and 2021 would have gave jags a 6th for Minshew. much could change 

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So should we not draft a QB?  The Bengals hit gold with Burrow and Lawrence is looking like he could be legit now that he has a coach.  Those were the last two 1st over picks that were QBs.  

Yes we should draft a QB.

Thinking we will get a QB as good as Burrow in next years draft is beyond homer.

Lawrence is averaging 230 yards a game with a PR of 90 and QBR of 55.  I wouldn't say he's blowing the doors off.   Is he doing better?  Yes.   Are those franchise QB numbers?  Not yet.

29 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Yes we should draft a QB.

Thinking we will get a QB as good as Burrow in next years draft is beyond homer.

Lawrence is averaging 230 yards a game with a PR of 90 and QBR of 55.  I wouldn't say he's blowing the doors off.   Is he doing better?  Yes.   Are those franchise QB numbers?  Not yet.

Saying they “hit gold” means that found a rare valuable player. I don’t think we will get a Burrow, but we should get a talented young player to put behind our talented young OL. If we develop him properly we could have our franchise guy. 
Lawrence is only 6 games in with an actual HC. I’d be happy with his development if I was a Jag fan.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, poundaway said:

Funny how you're now sun and rainbows...now that we're tanking.

Makes total sense.

Well it's unlikely we can get much lower, so I don't see why anyone wouldn't be optimistic. 

I guess you are the exception because you were obviously basically incorrect about everything that has transpired. 

I can see how your pride might sting a little.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Well it's unlikely we can get much lower, so I don't see why anyone wouldn't be optimistic. 

I guess you are the exception because you were obviously basically incorrect about everything that has transpired. 

I can see how your pride might sting a little.

Project much?  Weren't you the one talking about how important an offensive line is?  How our offense would be sooo much better if we only invested in the offensive line?  Talk about wrong. 

I will never understand people celebrating a lost season and the loss of the best player of the team.   Putting all their faith in Tepper and Rhule's GM after a year of perpetual blotching about the two. 

Now all of sudden, Rhule chose the right GM, and we can believe in Tepper.

Edited by poundaway