• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions: if Wilks does a good job...

Jmac

40 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Good god poo fug. We win one little game against a crappy team and half this board acts like we're a player or two and a coach away from the SB. Take a step back, psychos.

Television Stop GIF by RTL II

#dejavu

Who is saying this? I think people are just excited to see the team okay with some form of heart instead of getting our teeth kicked up and down the field. Nothing wromh with a little hope and being happy for once on a Monday. I'm not in the "let's tank" for a QB that may or may not pan out well though so I guess I'm biased as I would like to see us win as many as we can and still under the hope if we get a QB they will pan out great even though it might not be the number 1 overall pick.

I'd be happy with him as defensive coordinator but don't want him as head coach. I can't stand the conservative game management. He doesn't play to win. That works if the other team beats themselves, but you're not going to consistently win that way and you're going to gradually undermine your team's confidence. I think we're just seeing how historically terrible Rhule was that Wilks' basic competence looks so good. But we can do better.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

If he binds this team together and wins 5 or 6 more games, should he be retained as HC.

Sure that would kill the 'tank' crowd, but is he somehow gets P.J to be the guy this year and team responds positively, what should they do?

Opinions please...

If he can turn this team around and win another 6 games he will have gone 7 - 4 without the benefit of putting his own footprint on the team. If he hires the right offensive mind  and QB coach he should be given every chance to succeed. Hiring a different head  coach could lead us right back down a negative path.  It wouldn’t make sense to change. 

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

People in here stating it would take a couple of playoff wins.... If Wilks gets a single playoff win with this roster... it is a no brainer to keep him. 

Fug that. If he even MAKES the playoffs, it's a no brainer to keep him. After everything that's gone on to start the year and all the distractions and drama, if Steve Wilks willed this team (whether it be by winning a bad division or not) into the playoffs, you give that man the benefit of the doubt and at bare minimum give him one more year.

• Pie 1