• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now THIS Is A Professional Offensive Line

Saca312

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sounds like a "say something bombastic for a reaction guy".

Basically a dumbsh-t...

Basically he thinks the team is way worse than it is and wants to trade anyone. Burns, Moore, Moton, anyone. The thing is, you actually got to replace those guys you give away. You cant just automatically assume you are going to draft equal or better talent. Why trade any of those guys for a few picks that may end up sucking? Besides, Rhule was the biggest problem the team had anyway.

For the line specifically, he said he doesnt see this line being together in the next 2 or 3 years, so go ahead and trade anyone there while you can. Thats when he brought up trading Moton and moving Ickey. Today he said to give Wilks a 3 year contract and tell him to get us out of this mess.

Also today, he doesnt understand why Rodgers is getting flack for what he said and not Brady. He even played their clips and it was obvious why. Rodgers completely threw everyone else under the bus. Brady involved himself, but Gold dismissed that and said it was just the ``royal we`` and he was doing the samething. 

I wish we had better sports radio over air. Its all I listen to in my work van. The OG show is alright, but Joe Ovies is another idiot with trash takes like Gold. Ironically, those 2 used to be on the same radio show together a few years ago.

Edited by KillerKat

7 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Too bad we couldn't give Cam a decent offensive line. The only thing those teams were missing

Cam's pocket presence was seriously underrated. He must've cut our sacks in half nearly every season. Early in his career he'd sometimes hold the ball for too long but other than that it was mostly very good. Footwork wasn't the greatest but he had a great internal clock, something a lot of mobile QBs don't have and he didn't get spooked and start running in circles behind the LOS at the first sign of pressure. Cam with a good OL would've been even more of a terror, I mean hell we saw it for ourselves in 2015. 

Edited by beo
  • Pie 1

13 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Umm they collapsed? Beautiful would quantify them holding that so the QB doesn’t get pressure?

Don't get what you're talking about lol. That was about 3-4 seconds of time before PJ moved over to the left and locked on his target.

That's a whole lot more time than the average, and only reason they got past was due to PJ's movement when we was ready to throw. 

They held well, Chuba picked up well, and it was all great execution and gave PJ plenty of time to let routes develop then hit his target.

19 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Amazing how we overreact to one decent game. PJ had 60 yards passing just a week ago vs Rams 

Hah. Fair point, I'm certainly not crowning PJ the next Cam Newton. Certainly far from the answer at QB unless proven otherwise. 

It'd be silly to assume this becomes PJ's standard with so much other tape to the contrary.

But the offensive line was the main standout. Gave PJ plenty of time to progress through his reads and lock on for that throw. That should be the main takeaway.

10 hours ago, rayzor said:

that was just a beautiful play all around. i mean PJ looked like a real playmaking QB there, but he looked good all game. it's just weird. and the OL... that's what we've needed for over a decade. 

i think rhule was maybe trying to help people's self-esteem and make himself look like their mentor or something, but the truth is he was holding everyone back. he got in their heads. that's what he does. so glad he's gone.

To your first point, that was also a surprise. After PJ's preseason, I had little hope myself he'd turn out to even be serviceable. And while hindsight shows that the game plan against the Rams was to showcase CMC and maximize his trade value, it still didn't look encouraging for PJ.

I'd say a lot had to do with how bad the Bucs CBs were. They allowed our wideouts to get a lot more separation than they normally had, plus, well, we arguably had a better offensive plan as well. So PJ had some good windows to throw to, keeping drives going.

Even so, it was impressive seeing our offensive line hold up against a pretty elite DL, and PJ making some damn tough throws too when the windows were tight. That was pretty shocking. Plus, well, PJ doesn't lock onto his first read and goes through his progressions, a trait rarely seen from Mayfield and Darnold.

Maybe it was a fluke, or maybe he'll continue a good high level of play. Not expecting the latter, but hell I wouldn't complain.

This team has gotten more interesting after Rhule for sure. Players seem inspired, everyone's giving their all. It's a breath of fresh air and a good sign for things to come.

3 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

The way out moronic, misinformed statements are why i make a point never listen to Adam Gold

Hell, Colin Cowherd's nationwide and he made a couple of massive blunders in the last few weeks.

That guy is the hero of "say something stupid for a reaction" radio hosts everywhere.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hell, Colin Cowherd's nationwide and he made a couple of massive blunders in the last few weeks.

That guy is the hero of "say something stupid for a reaction" radio hosts everywhere.

True!!! Colin Cowherd is another nit wit I refuse to listen to.

6 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

True!!! Colin Cowherd is another nit wit I refuse to listen to.

I'll give him this: He's an inspiration for unqualified people everywhere.

"You too, can get a well-paying job you're not actually smart enough to do."

Come to think of it...

f9570650-4835-11ed-afbf-eab48ef65fee

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

On 10/26/2022 at 1:32 PM, stbugs said:

The offensive line was really solid the end of 2014 through 2015. Hence the 22-2 run. How quickly we forget after one win. Injuries killed that OL in 2016 (Oher and Ryan were big hits). Oher’s career ended, Ryan never really recovered from the shoulder/neck injury, Norwell left, Turner got lazy and that was it.

Very happy that we are finally back to that level.

I hope in the coming weeks panthers account posts a contract extension for boze. When was the same time a good OL group remained the same next season? hmm....

• Pie 1

On 10/26/2022 at 12:54 AM, Saca312 said:

Man, it's day and night seeing how well the Panthers offensive line is performing this season.

In the wake of PJ Walker's impressive performance last Sunday, credit the offensive line for allowing it to happen.

Beautiful pass, but even more beautiful offensive line work. Absolute wall just keeping back the Bucs pass rush from even doing anything.

Get some consistency out of the QB position, and the Panthers could really be a force in the future.

Easily the best OL we have had in many, many seasons!

• Pie 2