• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers highly unlikely to trade DJ Moore

TheSpecialJuan

You don't trade your young, talented first string wr. A QB needs weapons. We have JAG running backs who are consistent, a very raw wr in TMJ, a role player in Shi, and then you have DJ. Our TE room is inconsistent.

You absolutely do not trade DJ unless you're trying to lengthen the rebuild by another year or unless you're signing a true vet #1 to replace. 

DJ is safe barring somebody selling the farm.

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Why does everyone assume that it is a guarantee to draft equal or better talent than the core players they want to give away? 

the panthers have zero cap an just came off the worst span in franchise history, not a super bowl run

have to clear it up somehow, imagine wanting to keep burns with zero cap, tough decisions have to be made, that played in to cmc thing more than people realize

i don’t think it’s a guarantee but DJ can be replaced with a competent GM, DJ has some clutch plays, and a lot of garbage time (not his fault) but we would do better with a wr that can block and also make plays in the red zone

only thing I’m worried about is that Moore is really the only competent receiver as of now, like there is poo beyond him so for that reason they’re probably rethinking it over and over because from other angles it makes a lot of sense

Rhule AND Fit really fuged this franchise up more than any span with Hurney, if he is still here at the end of the season I will be surprised even by Tepper dumbassery standards

Edited by onmyown

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

the panthers have zero cap an just came off the worst span in franchise history, not a super bowl run

have to clear it up somehow, imagine wanting to keep burns with zero cap, tough decisions have to be made, that played in to cmc thing more than people realize

i don’t think it’s a guarantee but DJ can be replaced with a competent GM, DJ has some clutch plays, and a lot of garbage time (not his fault) but we would do better with a wr that can block and also make plays in the red zone

only thing I’m worried about is that Moore is really the only competent receiver as of now, like there is poo beyond him so for that reason they’re probably rethinking it over and over because from other angles it makes a lot of sense

Rhule AND Fit really fuged this franchise up more than any span with Hurney, if he is still here at the end of the season I will be surprised even by Tepper dumbassery standards

Just about everything said here is incorrect.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2