• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tank season back on: #2 Pick in the draft currently

Varking

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lazy pick 6 and half assed tackle?

Falcons almost gave away the game as much as we did. Letting DJ run right by everyone was a great Hail Mary for us but that was also their D being stupid and doing the one thing they couldn’t do on our one weapon.

DJ ran past two defenders because he is an elite player. “Letting”

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

Look at our two backup QBs. Both top 5 picks. Not to mention your graphic doesn’t differentiate between top picks on their original team or whether they were acquired in free agency and then won with the second team. 

“look at these outliers I found that I was thinking of exclusively when I made my initial point before you inserted this hard data into the discussion, perhaps we should focus more on these outliers and disregard the data to better suit my confirmation bias”

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

There’s no guarantee that a top 5 QB will be any good. Odds are actually against it. How’s Trevor Lawrence doing? Teams that are always picking top 5 pretty much suck.

Do you use an umbrella when it’s pouring? Why, when there’s no guarantee you won’t get wet?

Why do people keep saying this? It’s logic. How’s Herbert (six is close enough), Burrow, Allen (ditto) doing? How about the old vets that went high in the draft? 

No body wants a guarantee, they want a chance, and a high percentage one at that. And there is no other avenue that gives a higher chance to have a franchise qb, especially on a rookie salary to win, than drafting them.

You’re not going to convince a worthwhile vet to come here. That literally played out already. So the only other option you’re looking at is finding a franchise QB in what? The later rounds of the draft? 

That’s definitely a more worthwhile topic talking about low chances and garuantees.

We are a QB away from being a good team. Despite how well PJ played late he missed so many throws in the first 3 quarters that should've had us comfortably in the lead. Add a Bryce Young or a CJ stroud to this squad and you have something you can really build on. 

• Pie 1

Just now, stbugs said:

DJ isn’t the fastest WR in the league and when the other team is on their own 38 with 20 seconds and no timeouts, you don’t let a WR run by you in coverage. DJ did nothing but run straight and the defenders even slowed down. DJ made a great catch but he didn’t do anything elite. The Falcons had no business being behind him. They absolutely screwed up on that play.

There is something seriously wrong with you lol