• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach Wilks

Jai.

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think the real issue is somehow the D looked fuging horrible all day 

I don't think this roster is built to stop the Atlanta Falcons attack.  We have been taken to the woodshed by running teams the last few years.

That said, what do I know.  Maybe the scheme could have been better for that game.

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't think this roster is built to stop the Atlanta Falcons attack.  We have been taken to the woodshed by running teams the last few years.

That said, what do I know.  Maybe the scheme could have been better for that game.

If this is how the falcons are going to look moving forward then we need use some capital on getting a stud MLB to contain them.  Our linebackers looked out of place more times then not yesterday.  We need a leader in the middle setting things up

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Those that say Wilks is like Rivera, can also say he's like McDermott.  They come from the same tree. McDermott is 55-33 with playoff visits all but one year and looking like the most dangerous team in the NFL.   McDermott is a motivator just like Wilks.  You don't need an offensive minded head coach if he can't motivate.  The key is getting the right coordinators.  Good draft picks and good Free Agents.  

Rivera and Fox did a great job motivating their players.  The problem was after Dan Henning left, we never seemed to have a good OC.  

I would like to see Wilks with a new OC.  He's changed McAdoo around and we actually look like a competent offense.  Imagine if he has someone that can work eye to eye with him. 

Bringing in an offensive minded head coach does not automatically make this team better.  Replacing Wilks could put this team back even further than we want.  

Your head coach needs to be a motivator.  You can be an offensive genius but if you can't motivate your team, you won't be a head coach for long. 

Guy is an interm HC. Getting rid of Wilks with not push this team back. That is a hilarious statement. 

43 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

If Wilks can build off of yesterday's close loss, and turn it into close wins, and then decisive wins down the stretch, then there's no way he doesn't get the HC nod. I hope it happens. He's a good dude and the guys play hard for him. I like his demeanor better than Rivera's and Fox's. This was his third game, and only his second with a full week to prepare, so he's 1-1 as far as I'm concerned. Would be great to beat the Bengals after they just blew out the Falcons. Hey, it could happen!

Wishful thinking.