• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about Donte Jackson and his Fragility

Ricky Spanish

For the second week in a row, D-Jax did not finish the game due to getting nicked up on some innocuous play. 

This is not just a two week occurrence, I cannot remember another player that gets consistently injured and taken out of games more often than Jackson. It happened earlier this year against the Giants, and it has happened numerous throughout his career. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/donte-jackson-player-injuries

The above link shows some of the injuries he has sustained over the course of his career. It's not a short list. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

DJ is a great #2 corner but I agree his inability to stay on the field is a concern. Missed 3+ games each of the last 3 seasons. If I recall he's had a lot of lingering soft tissue issues which never seem to go away completely. I still don't think his contract is bad but combined with Horn also missing time, it really stresses the importance of depth at corner. Henderson has really struggled but he's better than most team's depth corners. Also I do like Keith Taylor in a depth role, he had a good game yesterday. 

Just now, stbugs said:

Yeah, not fun hearing the broadcasters talking about Surtain as the best young CB in the game (hasn’t missed a game) and seeing Parsons score a TD and just be unreal at times. Parsons has that takeover the game ability that I think we all wish we saw out of Burns.

Oh well, we wouldn’t be the Panthers if we did everything right! We all watched the game yesterday so we know.

I have good faith in hoping Horn will still be great and you can't destroy yourself playing the hindsight game but oy vey!

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I know this is a hell of an accusation, but it seems like he tends to get hurt after he gives up a big play. 

Might be a coincidence, but it appears as if there is an element of “see, I got hurt, that’s why I gave up the play” going on. 

That happens A LOT.

• Pie 2

I have more of a love/hate relationship with Jackson than any other player on the roster. He’s so boom/bust, but he’s likable; he pisses me off, and then shows himself as a good leader. He makes a one hand pick, then celebrates when an open receiver gets overthrown like he did something. 

Drives me bonkers. 

• Pie 2