• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

7 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

The whole “a 1st in two years is worth a 3rd this year” is the absolute dumbest way to value picks ever. I hate it and it’s absolutely illogical. I know teams use this scale but it makes no sense. Cause come 2025 that logic goes completely out the window and suddenly that pick is worth multiple future 1sts.

It's not because the people making trades have their jobs based on if they win or not. 

That’s why future picks are valued less. 

A GM isn’t valuing a 1st two years from now as high as a 1st this year, because 4 years down the road when the player picked is developed and playing well, it is highly likely a new coach and front office are the ones benefitting from it. 

3 minutes ago, Killah_Ray said:

I swear that one win against Tampa gave a lot of the fanbase a false notion that we’re only a player or two away. We need to finally complete the rebuild we’ve been avoiding since Cam’s shoulder went to poo…

One of the worst things to happen to this franchise was winning that Tampa game. The team was literally holding the worst record in the league and would have had the number 1 pick in the draft of the season had ended the week before. They beat a bad Tampa team and this fan base got delusional. 

Steve wilks should be the head coach next year. Lol the guy was the DC at Missouri before he came back to Carolina. Not even David Tepper is dumb enough to keep this guy employed as head coach longer than 10 minutes after the final whistle of the season.

brian burns is untouchable and can’t be traded for multiple first round picks. I love burns and would be willing to signing him long term, but people are absolutely delusional if they aren’t willing to part for a guy who has never had more than 9 sacks in a season for multiple firsts and other picks.

pj Walker might be the future. He threw a perfect spiral 70 yards to dj moore. I’m not even going to waste time elaborating on how ridiculous of an opinion that is.

this team could win the division. Not they cannot and even if they did they would have their doors blown off in the playoffs. The panthers would be forced to retain a motivational speaker as a head coach and waste another year proving to the world pj Walker is not the answer.

The team needs to just keep losing and collecting draft picks. Put yourself in the best position possible to draft your next Cam Newton. 

• Beer 3
  • Poo 2

5 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

What's tempting about this deal is the probability that the Rams may be a dumpster fire by the time those picks hit. They sold out hard to get that SB win, and now they're mortgaging their future to keep that window open if at all possible. Odds are very high that leads to a hard crash in a couple years. 

Tempting.

Very tempting.

That’s why I think it’s better that they are 24 and 25 picks. Good chance those are both top 10 picks. 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

It's not because the people making trades have their jobs based on if they win or not. 

A GM isn’t valuing a 1st two years from now as high as a 1st this year, because 4 years down the road when the player picked is developed and playing well, it is highly likely a new coach and front office are the ones benefitting from it. 

yeah, that brings up the issues we have with a mixed match front office.  We need a new HC and a new GM.  I think they should be paired.  Everyone should be working on the same thing with the goals.  You want the same timeline on everyone. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Just now, panthers55 said:

But the right way to look at trading a first rounder who is a top DE for potential picks in a few years. 

Now you just have to hope that Burns wants to stay. He hasn't given any indication he doesn't, but Peppers wanted out of Carolina. Carolina has been a train wreck for years and we're starting over again. As great as the money is, these guys want rings too. We don't have a great track record of success. It's not all about what we want. 

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

But in reality there are not any less in value

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

This thread is both sides saying the same thing over and over. Has anyone changed their stance yet? 😂 

come on bro, you're not new here. 

the appropriate time to change your stance is when enough time is gone by that most forget what your old position was. 

• Beer 2
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1