• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Strength of schedule analysis

Mr. Scot

By ESPN analyst Mike Clay...

Clay admits here that this is based on his own opinion of each team, but with that said when you look down the list of our remaining games, it's valid to say that it doesn't look anywhere near as tough as it once did.

Outside of the Ravens game, I don't see anything that looks absolutely unwinnable.

• Pie 2

I see one definite loss the rest of the way - Baltimore. 

Seattle and Cincy could be losses depending which defense shows up. The one that throttled TB12 or the one that couldn't get off the field in ATL.

Honestly the rest of those I could see us being favored in every other game. I expect that the next month and a half of the season will be a rollercoaster every week bouncing in and out of a top 10 pick and leading the Division. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, roaddog96 said:

I’ve given up the tank already after seeing the team under Wilks. That schedule is too easy for us to not win at least 3-4 more games.

yeah, this team and this coach doesn't want to quit. i don't blame them. losing sucks. it might be a good strategic move from some perspectives, but for people involved whose livelihood and sense of pride is on the line, losing is no good. 

• Beer 2

The frustrating thing is Carolina should probably be at worst 4-4 (Browns and Falcons games should have been Ws) and leading the division. I suppose in the grand scheme a top 5 pick is better to be able to hopefully land a franchise QB, but this team absolutely would've been able to compete this season. I wonder what the record would've been if Rhule was fired last offseason and a better coaching staff had been in place all offseason... 

• Pie 1

For context:

- Per Clay, the easiest remaining schedule belongs to the Falcons

- Our other NFC South rivals sit at #10 (Saints) and #15 (Bucs)

- Five contending teams (Ravens, Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys and Chiefs) sit at #s 2 through 6

- The two teams currently ahead of us in draft order sit at 16 (Lions) and 28 (Texans)

I would say Cincinnati and Seattle would be pretty hard to win. The others... We are going to have to be really bad to not win at least 1 more game. Which would drop us to the 5th pick or lower. The entire league has been terrible this year including us. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

By ESPN analyst Mike Clay...

Clay admits here that this is based on his own opinion of each team, but with that said when you look down the list of our remaining games, it's valid to say that it doesn't look anywhere near as tough as it once did.

Outside of the Ravens game, I don't see anything that looks absolutely unwinnable.

That makes about as much sense as feeding a hog sausage.  Oh wait, a hog will eat anything.  Good job.