• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields 61 yard rushing touchdown

33 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Yeah no you didn’t. 

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/threads/have-you-already-labeled-justin-fields-a-bust.90782/

found this after 15 seconds. Most Bears fans are holding out faith and rightfully so as it’s their team, but are also tending towards him being a bust. We are 9 weeks into the season and Fields has a below average game passing for NFL standards but “almost breaks the rushing record for a QB” in a loss, and here come the threads lol. 

Fields has below average skill talent around him and is already in his second offensive system.  That’s a Bears issue more than a Fields issue. 

*and he did break the rushing record 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I'd argue he was the best QB in his class.  The Niners should have taken him at 3 vs Lance.

How if Mills with a team purposely tanking has better stats. Lawrence who also hasn’t been good also has better numbers in a worse franchise.

None if the QBs in the class have shown anything that other teams that passed on them should be upset about.

6 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

How if Mills with a team purposely tanking has better stats. Lawrence who also hasn’t been good also has better numbers in a worse franchise.

None if the QBs in the class have shown anything that other teams that passed on them should be upset about.

Probably because they don’t have better numbers. All have similar passing numbers but Fields has about 600 yds rushing. 

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It's like they can't admit they might be wrong...

I'll go first.  I thought Baker was going to make us competitive.  I was dead ass wrong!  OK now someone else give it a try. 

Oh I also thought Slater was a OG at best.  Wrong again!

I thought Cam had something still in the tank, and could recapture some of what he had. I was wrong. 

Man, the panthers have no choice this draft. We have to take a gamble on one of these QBs in the draft. Fields is a guy that it’s looking like we should have drafted over Horn. We also should have moved up for Herbert (shouldn’t have won that Washington game). No more games. It’s time to go get the QB. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

So you think Mills is the better prospect? I just want to confirm that’s what you are saying…

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if the Texans draft a new QB with their projected top pick right now.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Lawerence is already in his 2nd offensive system.  Had horrific talent around him year 1 and has upgrade to below average.  And Trevor went to one of the worst spots we have seen in probably decades. 

and the Jags have been up in the 4th every game this year but 1 (Philly). 

Trevor hasn’t been bad.  Trevor went to a bad team.   What you are seeing is normal.  Too many folks are comparing young QBs that went to horrible spots to ones that went to good spots….and thinking the results should be the same if the QBs are any good. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Mahomes as a passer is light years better than Cam ever was.

Cam was an above average to good passer. 

But nowhere close to being elite.

Running and passing combined he was the 10th to 12th best QB in the league. 

And if you can play hypothetical out of every QB in the NFL during his career there's probably at least 20 I would have traded him for straight up. Maybe 30.

Mahomes might be a more talented thrower of the ball. Im not arguing that. But that doesn’t mean he understands and pattern recognizes “light years” better than Cam did. 

Cams problem was we ditched the path that Chud set him on and leaned too heavily on the RPO to save Ron’s job. He knew he had a solid defense and automatic 3rd/4th and short machine in Cam.

The Panthers ran the ball on first and second down more than any other team in the NFL during most of Cams tenure. That coupled with a relatively weak oline until 2015 put him in 3rd and long and miracle situations more than he should have been asked to. He showed he could be a dink and dunker/stat padder in 2017/2018 with Turner. 

But Cams impact clearly was beyond traditional statistics. He opened up the running game for his teammates and made lesser quality WRs tangible options by his mere presence. 

11 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Mahomes might be a more talented thrower of the ball. Im not arguing that. But that doesn’t mean he understands and pattern recognizes “light years” better than Cam did. 

Cams problem was we ditched the path that Chud set him on and leaned too heavily on the RPO to save Ron’s job. He knew he had a solid defense and automatic 3rd/4th and short machine in Cam.

The Panthers ran the ball on first and second down more than any other team in the NFL during most of Cams tenure. That coupled with a relatively weak oline until 2015 put him in 3rd and long and miracle situations more than he should have been asked to. He showed he could be a dink and dunker/stat padder in 2017/2018 with Turner. 

But Cams impact clearly was beyond traditional statistics. He opened up the running game for his teammates and made lesser quality WRs tangible options by his mere presence. 

Rivera was the wrong coach for Cam. Defensive minded, super conservative, gave no Fs about an o-line. Cam showed everyone in 2015 that if he had a decent o-line, he could win with JAGs at WR. Yet Rivera never made the o-line a priority - idiot.

34 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He hates QBs that can run, but Allen and Cam don’t count…

I explained it to you.

Running is the icing not the cake.

Running was a fraction of the game of Steve Young, Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Roger Staubach.

You can't win a Superbowl if half your game is your ability to run.

You aren't Running 80 yards in less than 2 minutes with 1 timeout.

You have to be able to distribute the football. 

I bet you prefer Allen Iverson over Magic and Stockton.

26 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Probably because they don’t have better numbers. All have similar passing numbers but Fields has about 600 yds rushing. 

That’s a lie, Fields just today finally has more TD than ints, Both Mills and Lawrence have more than 1000 more yards than him passing 

• Pie 1