• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields 61 yard rushing touchdown

29 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Slater would have been better than Horn too. An OT team with Icky and Slater would be nasty. Moton has got paid syndrome

Horn is a very good player, although the injuries are getting concerning. 

I think we MAY end up with the better player in Ekwonu(higher ceiling), so if he pans out I can forgive passing on Slater.

If Fields pans out.....that will be a really tough pill to swallow.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It's like they can't admit they might be wrong...

I'll go first.  I thought Baker was going to make us competitive.  I was dead ass wrong!  OK now someone else give it a try. 

Oh I also thought Slater was a OG at best.  Wrong again!

I definitely thought Baker was gonna be better than this.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

It doesn’t bother us lol. Y’all are making the argument we should have drafted him and missed out on a franchise qb. He has a long way to go before he even proves he belongs as a fringe starter in the league. He is a project and taking Horn was absolutely the right pick. Y’all get too hung up on splash plays and style points. Fields has been a largely 1 read QB that gets into trouble when his first read isn’t there. He needs to go through his developments. Franchise QBs raise the play of their teammates. He isn’t Cam, not even close. 

He has raised the Bear's offense from a bunch of FA's to below average.  I don't think he is a franchise QB yet.  I think he is showing he can be and the fact he is able to do anything in those circumstances in Chicago is impressive to me.  I'd say he looks to have the most potential out of all of the QBs in his "once considered loaded" QB class.  

PS

Waiting GIF

3 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Yeah no you didn’t. 

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/threads/have-you-already-labeled-justin-fields-a-bust.90782/

found this after 15 seconds. Most Bears fans are holding out faith and rightfully so as it’s their team, but are also tending towards him being a bust. We are 9 weeks into the season and Fields has a below average game passing for NFL standards but “almost breaks the rushing record for a QB” in a loss, and here come the threads lol. 

That OP is from September genius. Someone actually responded 4 minutes ago for the first time in 2 months to call the haters out LOL

Been a bad last 4 weeks to be a Fields hater, for sure.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

He has raised the Bear's offense from a bunch of FA's to below average.  I don't think he is a franchise QB yet.  I think he is showing he can be and the fact he is able to do anything in those circumstances in Chicago is impressive to me.  I'd say he looks to have the most potential out of all of the QBs in his "once considered loaded" QB class.  

PS

Waiting GIF

Yeah, we can all make the argument he has the potential to be a franchise QB. Most QBs drafted in the first round have that potential. Fields is immensely talented. His fatal flaw his his progressions which 100% has to be  corrected him for him to become a franchise QB in the nfl. I like fields, but so far I just haven’t been impressed. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

That OP is from September genius. Someone actually responded 4 minutes ago for the first time in 2 months to call the haters out LOL

Been a bad last 4 weeks to be a Fields hater, for sure.

He’s passed for less than 200 yards in all 4 games and 3 losses lol. If you’re going to Lamar Jackson a game, you at least have to lead your team to victory. I’ve seen Lamar carry the Ravens week in and week out, even as a 2nd year starter just like Fields is. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Yeah no you didn’t. 

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/threads/have-you-already-labeled-justin-fields-a-bust.90782/

found this after 15 seconds. Most Bears fans are holding out faith and rightfully so as it’s their team, but are also tending towards him being a bust. We are 9 weeks into the season and Fields has a below average game passing for NFL standards but “almost breaks the rushing record for a QB” in a loss, and here come the threads lol. 

Fan message boards aren’t exactly what I would consider a valid opinion. What if an opposing fan dropped in the Huddle over the last few years. They would have heard how encouraged this fanbase was for…

Hurney 2.0

2019 draft and Greg Little

The 2019 Defense is going to be great. Look at all the #1 picks. 

Kyle Allen is a playoff QB

Rhule is a great hire. 

Teddy is the best QB in the NFCS and came on a team friendly deal.

Signing RBs to big contracts is ok. 

Sam Darnold is the answer. You have to exercise his 5th year option. 

Robbie is worth every penny. 

How accurate would you consider the general consensus on a team message board to be?

He’s passed for less than 200 yards in all 4 games and 3 losses lol. If you’re going to Lamar Jackson a game, you at least have to lead your team to victory. I’ve seen Lamar carry the Ravens week in and week out, even as a 2nd year starter just like Fields is. 

No one is saying he is as good as former MVP Jackson.  Come on now.  We are saying he is showing he belongs in this league and Chicago should build around him and get a good OC to develop him further.  

• Beer 1

Much different teams around them. Should he have covered Hill and Waddle too? 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Nah I like Auburn (went to school there).  I just thought Fields was a talent we shouldn't have passed in the draft when we desperately needed a QB so I did research on him before the draft.  A lot of what is being said about him has been shown to be inaccurate.

Nagy likes to try to force square pegs in round circles.  He needed to adjust the offense to Fields' skillset IMO, but that's history now.

What has been said about him? If anything he was over drafted.