• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Embrace the suck.

Snake

Way too many of you guys are getting bent out of shape the past two weeks. Yes the hopium is gone. Yes we suck sweaty dog balls. Yes the season is over but that was the plan after Rhule was canned. We are in player evaluation mode and that's it. Start Carnal, start Mayfield, start PJ. Let them all play. It's basically preseason till week 18. The only thing that matters is that Wilks sails this ship to the best draft pick he can. Anything else is bad or not needed. 

14 hours ago, Knaakedup said:

We dooooooont waaaaaaaant toooooo wiiiiiin anoooother gaaaaaaaame thiiiiiis yeaaaaar

14 hours ago, Snake said:

Exactly. People need to catch up. 

Hmm. Maybe I should have worded different. We are fans. I should have said they I suppose. Because they probably want to win and we are just along for the ride either way.

35 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Hmm. Maybe I should have worded different. We are fans. I should have said they I suppose. Because they probably want to win and we are just along for the ride either way.

They are probably just trying to get through the season at this point. 

15 hours ago, Knaakedup said:

We dooooooont waaaaaaaant toooooo wiiiiiin anoooother gaaaaaaaame thiiiiiis yeaaaaar

Lol. Ain’t that the truth. Some people want to win soooooo bad. Regardless how much we suck. Let’s win the division and play either the cowboys or eagles in playoffs and watch them be up 50/0 at half….lol

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Lol that is what I have been doing since we brought back Rhule in January. Just another month, at least it is more fun now. Allowing yourself to get hyped in our situation is just asking to get your feelings hurt for no good reason. 

Yep.  The saying that the number one cause of disappointment is unrealistic expectations applies.

When The Process still had keys to the place entering this year, we knew he was either going to show he learned something about NFL football and coaching or not.  If he did, then we could do what we should have done last year and post 8 or 9 wins.  If it was that dreaded "or not" then things were going to be bad.

There were all kinds of indications in training camp and preseason that it was "or not."  It was pretty clear the way the go-ahead drive was handled in week one that the answer was "or not."  It was painfully apparent to everyone the answer was "or not" by the end of week four.  Hell, it was even obvious to Tepper by week five. 

The cost of waiting that long is a lost season.  It's okay to hope for better, much like it is okay to hope to win the lottery when buying a ticket.  But in either case, when that hope morphs to some belief, well, get ready for disappointment.

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Yep.  The saying that the number one cause of disappointment is unrealistic expectations applies.

When The Process still had keys to the place entering this year, we knew he was either going to show he learned something about NFL football and coaching or not.  If he did, then we could do what we should have done last year and post 8 or 9 wins.  If it was that dreaded "or not" then things were going to be bad.

There were all kinds of indications in training camp and preseason that it was "or not."  It was pretty clear the way the go-ahead drive was handled in week one that the answer was "or not."  It was painfully apparent to everyone the answer was "or not" by the end of week four.  Hell, it was even obvious to Tepper by week five. 

The cost of waiting that long is a lost season.  It's okay to hope for better, much like it is okay to hope to win the lottery when buying a ticket.  But in either case, when that hope morphs to some belief, well, get ready for disappointment.

Honestly I didn't think Rhule had many positives after they traded for Sam onwards so everything this year was just waiting for the inevitable to me. New coaches, Baker or better Oline I was pretty vocal about not having any belief he wouldn't face plant because that is all he has done and his actual football skills only apply to the college level, last year proved that. Even if he improved some this year it wouldn't be enough unless he did a 180 at lightspeed lol. Easier to win the loto tonight then for me to believe that after his constant idiocy and incompetence on so many levels. 

I can completely respect a fan to be excited and hopeful but not blind and unrealistic. Some of they hype coming into this season was just embarrassing. We could have had Daboll but we are going to have a really high pick in a better draft after snagging a legit LT so it's not all bad IMO.