• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Young and Stroud are gone

Chris Smitty

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

I was really trying to warm up to Levis but after losing to Vandy and throwing 0 TD's and 1 INT...I'm not too stoked on him.

Not a big Levis fan, but he is playing with turf toe and an injured shoulder.  It's his not throwing shoulder, but that still affects throwing more than people think.  Throw that in with terrible OL play and I can almost look past his second half performance of this season.  He also injured a finger or two on his throwing hand for what it's worth...

5 hours ago, GOAT said:

I was really trying to warm up to Levis but after losing to Vandy and throwing 0 TD's and 1 INT...I'm not too stoked on him.

A big arm is lures people in all the time.  I admit, I almost got suckered in as well. I don't care if you can throw a football through a brick wall, if you can't read a defense, make poor decisions and fail to throw with anticipation into windows...all the arm strength in the world doesn't matter.

Edited by 45catfan

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Levis vs Georgia this week, as if things couldn't get any uglier for him..

He is playing hurt and probably needs to sit at this point.  Turf tow, shoulder (nonthrowing), fingers (throwing), and who knows what else behind that line.  He looked solid when he was healthy last year, but playing against UGA with his OL will bring nothing good and possibly more injuries.  I still wouldn't write him off, but I also wouldn't draft him in the top of the first round or possibly first in general..

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Not true. Stroud's stats. Penix's stats. Stroud is considered one of the more accurate QBs in this class and Penix has the same completion percentage, 67.1%. Penix also just threw these two bombs Saturday: 62 yarder, 76 yarder.

The way I gage arm strength is their fast ball to get it into tight windows. Or zipping it to the sidelines from the far hash. 

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

A big arm is lures people in all the time.  I admit, I almost got suckered in as well. I don't care if you can throw a football through a brick wall, if you can't read a defense, make poor decisions and fail to throw with anticipation into windows...all the arm strength in the world doesn't matter.

hes still on my radar, but so is Anthony Richardson...... honestly feels like the others belong with the 2022 bunch(tad better).....whom i famous said I wouldnt touch before 45th.....I'll dive in more after the playoff race is over........ I have been watching more CFB than previous.

I still think the BPA in the first is the way, followed by dart for a QB with the next pick.......even if you have to trade up into the late 20s...... 

tepper can win me back if he pulls off my philly plan...

The title of the thread is "If Young and Stroud are gone" and the question is what we will do.

The answer is about one third of this board will whine, moan, and complain about how we would have had the second coming of Dan Marino had we just lost all 17 games.  And in fact, any year that we are not going to win the Super Bowl we should strive for 0-17. 

Of course, that plan means the Panthers should have never won a game in our 28 year history, but think of all the elite QBs we would have drafted with the #1 pick. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

The title of the thread is "If Young and Stroud are gone" and the question is what we will do.

The answer is about one third of this board will whine, moan, and complain about how we would have had the second coming of Dan Marino had we just lost all 17 games.  And in fact, any year that we are not going to win the Super Bowl we should strive for 0-17. 

Of course, that plan means the Panthers should have never won a game in our 28 year history, but think of all the elite QBs we would have drafted with the #1 pick. 

1667527308982932.gif.9ffe7e42c65c1c3269a617cbce04218e.gif

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

hes still on my radar, but so is Anthony Richardson...... honestly feels like the others belong with the 2022 bunch(tad better).....whom i famous said I wouldnt touch before 45th.....I'll dive in more after the playoff race is over........ I have been watching more CFB than previous.

I still think the BPA in the first is the way, followed by dart for a QB with the next pick.......even if you have to trade up into the late 20s...... 

tepper can win me back if he pulls off my philly plan...

Can you Phil me in?  My plan and has been for a while--trade back for Mayer, THEN get the QB. Another trade back in the mid-rounds should get us around 10 picks.  We need every last one of them.

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Can you Phil me in?  My plan and has been for a while--trade back for Mayer, THEN get the QB. Another trade back in the mid-rounds should get us around 10 picks.  We need every last one of them.

#1- Hire Shane Steichen as HC 

#2- Sign Minshew to a team friendly deal

#3- ????(let shane figure out the QBs and whether to draft one)????

#4- Profit form a weak NFC south thats lost Tom and Kamara.

• Pie 1

Ah, but wait.  The flaw in that plan is that I was reading something earlier that Brady may not retire.  I guess he is contemplating the Favre plan.....play until somebody removes your memory of who you are. 

Of course, the Bucs may not want him back, either, since his contract after this year is voided out.

None of that is in our control, and probably doesn't matter all that much, anyway.  What is in our control (#1-4) looks good, Brady or no Brady.