• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL Games Thread

kungfoodude

16 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Watching the Chargers and can't help but think that they have had some of the better quarterbacks in NFL history.  Dan Fouts, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees (for a short time) and now Justin Herbert appears to be good.  And yet, not a single SB appearance for any of them.  Their one SB appearance was with Stan Humphries at qb.  I don't think there is another team in the NFL that has done so little with so much.  

Packers have had a damn near 30 year period between two hall of fame QBs and have two Super Bowls to show for it. That's hard to do.

The Chargers had so many years with LT where they were a top 3 team in the league but were cursed to exist in the era of Peyton, Brady, and Big Ben.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Anyone being honest chooses Mahomes out of all the QBs today. Brady and Rodgers are over the hill to varying degrees, but, regardless, Mahomes is outright better. 

Rodgers at his absolute best was the closest I've seen to Mahomes in terms of making insane otherworldly plays with his arm that no other QB can. I recall a TD he threw against us I believe in 2015 that I could never have imagined any other QB pulling off. But Mahomes has taken it to another level and does it more often than Rodgers did. Truly a joy to watch and frankly with the Panthers having been so bad lately, Andy Reid's Chiefs and Mahomes are one of the few things about the NFL I actually do enjoy watching these days. Well, that and games like Vikings-Bills today...

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

the race for a top 3 pick looks insane right now ... like where are the wins?image.png.d5b933f25ad9d4b7e7ea57616f57fb5a.png

Yeah it'll be crazy, if we win just 1 more we could be looking at a pick after 10... I think the Raiders will fire McDaniels and whoever the interim is will get them another win or 2 so we could be looking at 2nd overall if we lose out.

Aside from us though, man I get so much joy out of seeing that Aints pick being at 4 and them not having it, lol

1 hour ago, jopie87 said:

Packers have had a damn near 30 year period between two hall of fame QBs and have two Super Bowls to show for it. That's hard to do.

The Chargers had so many years with LT where they were a top 3 team in the league but were cursed to exist in the era of Peyton, Brady, and Big Ben.

They also didn't have the best coaching staff during the Rivers years.  For the life of me, I never understood firing Schotenheimer and hiring Norv.  

• Pie 1

Jimmy G is the GWD king

I'd rather have a QB who does not look perfect and makes minor mistakes in the game, but can rack up the GWD. Too many of you want the Phillip Rivers, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, or Cam Newton type QB.

Couple a RB like CMC with a QB like Jimmy G and you will have the best GWD backfield in the NFL

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CPantherKing said:

Jimmy G is the GWD king

I'd rather have a QB who does not look perfect and makes minor mistakes in the game, but can rack up the GWD. Too many of you want the Phillip Rivers, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, or Cam Newton type QB.

Couple a RB like CMC with a QB like Jimmy G and you will have the best GWD backfield in the NFL

What does Mac Jones have to do with Rivers, and what do either of them have to do with Fields or Cam? 2 are running QB's, Rivers aired it out, and Jones is just a shitty game manager QB who will probably not start for much longer

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

What does Mac Jones have to do with Rivers, and what do either of them have to do with Fields or Cam? 2 are running QB's, Rivers aired it out, and Jones is just a shitty game manager QB who will probably not start for much longer

They can't consistently produce GWD and will choke in the clutch, in big games, and the playoffs more often than not.

They look good and pass the 1st round test though. Just not good when it comes to GWD.

Edited by CPantherKing