• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ has sprain. Baker to start.

ChuckWag78

On 11/14/2022 at 1:39 PM, poundaway said:

We lost to the Bengals in the first half 35-0.  It was over at the half.  It was the worst beating in football since the 1970's. 

In PJ's first game, he had a negative average depth of target throwing for a total of 60 yards.  PJ threw 5 completions against the Bengals, 2 of them were to the other team for a passer rating 0.0

PJ is what he is. 

This team is what it is. 

We have NOT made some leap in performance.  Anyone saying that didn't watch the Bengals game.

At the same time the arrow is still trending up. Granted that isn’t saying much. 
Even the best teams pull stinkers. Look at the Eagles last night. 

That WAS about the worst I have seen, though, from our offense. Right up there with the first quarter of opening game this year. 

I keep seeing comments in this thread and in others from people wanting us to lose each week and that has been that way since like week 4 maybe. I am curious to know but what is it like to watch your favorite NFL team on a Sunday and root against them? As I watched the game last week I was imagining certain Panthers fans sitting on their couches or at the stadium getting angry every time they make a good play or score. It almost feels like bizarro world or something. Like it or not this team will win enough games that we are NOT getting the first or second pick and that is almost a given. There are potential issues and drawbacks with those first two QB's anyhow so who cares where we finish? What player do you guys that get pissed when we win and get angry at your own team when we do well want exactly? Who is this perfect player you all are wanting so badly that you become a hater of your own team each week and want to see us destroyed by every team we play? Who is this franchise saving player you all want?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

48 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

I keep seeing comments in this thread and in others from people wanting us to lose each week and that has been that way since like week 4 maybe. I am curious to know but what is it like to watch your favorite NFL team on a Sunday and root against them? As I watched the game last week I was imagining certain Panthers fans sitting on their couches or at the stadium getting angry every time they make a good play or score. It almost feels like bizarro world or something. Like it or not this team will win enough games that we are NOT getting the first or second pick and that is almost a given. There are potential issues and drawbacks with those first two QB's anyhow so who cares where we finish? What player do you guys that get pissed when we win and get angry at your own team when we do well want exactly? Who is this perfect player you all are wanting so badly that you become a hater of your own team each week and want to see us destroyed by every team we play? Who is this franchise saving player you all want?

I've asked the same question 5 times and no one will come to bat for the #1 tankers choice. There's not a Cam or Burrow in this draft, it's arguably the weakest top 10 I've seen in years when a 230lb DE and a DT are in the top 5

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, poundaway said:

If you say so.  My guess is we'll land right about where vegas put us in preseason.

We have four 3-win opponents coming up.    Lets see whats happens.

I wasn’t measuring wins this year, I simply wanted or hoped to see tangible progress in performance level, competitiveness etc. 
I expected it to come from the OL, the passing game, and our secondary. Or I was looking at them. Take Wilkes out of that secondary room I say bets are off there but the OL is rounding into good form. And the WRs, well at least we aren’t watching Anderson clang balls off his hands and chest. So that is better by a thin hair.
A team that has been so far down is going to still lose games when they are ready to win, which we are seeing a little of. They aren’t quite ready but you really can’t overstate how big turning a weakness into a strength can turn out. Which is that OL. 
That is why I say pointing up. 
edit: I am gonna paraphrase John Fox: if you aren’t getting worse you’re getting better. I think we have stopped digging the hole at least. 

Edited by stratocatter

10 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I've asked the same question 5 times and no one will come to bat for the #1 tankers choice. There's not a Cam or Burrow in this draft, it's arguably the weakest top 10 I've seen in years when a 230lb DE and a DT are in the top 5

I just don't get it. So many want us to tank to hell and back and seem very angry when we win or even perform well then make excuses for why our team performed well like "They were lucky" or "The team they played sucked" etc...Damn, when they are that miserable why even bother watching? It HAS to feel so weird to turn their tv's on each week and WANT to see your team get destroyed and beaten down. And then as you said, there is no true cut number one overall player without any potential drawbacks that seems like an overall guarantee such as a Luck, Cam or a Payton Manning in this draft. To me, if i were going to root for my team to fail and get beaten to pieces every week I would at least pick a year that had the closest thing to a cant miss type player that there was but that does not exist this year and even with that I don't think I could turn on my tv and root against the team I love or get mad when the guys perform well.

I'm not knocking others opinions but I just don't understand that mindset or concept as a whole. It's like some of these people think that a number one overall pick guarantees success and there has never been a bad ass player or QB for that matter taken with later picks. It just all puzzles me to see some of our fellow fans get pissed off when we do well in any given game. We are  not winning a Superbowl this year I realize but why not just watch and enjoy each game still rooting on our team? The worst possible guy for the job of head coach is now gone so the slow climb up and the steady improvement will be fun to support and witness. Jacksonville tanked their lives away for years with number 1 picks and they really don't look like it benefitted them much is all im trying to say.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, Snake said:

As much as I hate Baker he gives us the best chance to lose. Games like Denver that we could win we will definitely lose with Baker at the helm. Downfall is if he plays too much he gives the browns a 4th. What a dildos trade fit. 

It has already been reported by insiders that the Baker trade was a Rhule move. ESPN even reported that Fitt pushed back but Rhule was "convinced" that Baker was the guy. 

Baker needs to sit for one more game to keep the 4th round pick but I'm not super worried about it. Either Baker will look like himself and get benched for Sam or PJ when healthy, which is by far the most likely outcome. Or he plays lights out, leads us to the playoffs and we get a home playoff game. Even if he's ok, we probably go back to PJ when he's healthy under the premise that PJ never lost the starting job but just got injured.

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, Snake said:

As much as I hate Baker he gives us the best chance to lose. Games like Denver that we could win we will definitely lose with Baker at the helm. Downfall is if he plays too much he gives the browns a 4th. What a dildos trade fit. 

Baker gives the team a better chance to win. The OL is playing significantly better than they were earlier in the season when Baker was starting. 

• Pie 1