• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Respect to Rivera

WarPanthers89

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

I just feel like Ron didn’t coach up enough players and had no clue what to do on offense other than let Cam play hero ball. He got a dope win last night but he’s basically had a significant losing record here and in Washington. 

Got no support from his GM to get some good players around Cam.  Oline was a mess for years.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

I just feel like Ron didn’t coach up enough players and had no clue what to do on offense other than let Cam play hero ball. He got a dope win last night but he’s basically had a significant losing record here and in Washington. 

Ron had a winning record here.    And he still has an overall winning record despite losing in Washington to date. 

Ron gets too much hate.   His window here simply closed.  That's coaching.   

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

Ohh there is a lot to say for sure. Good human and what is happening up in Commieland is par for the course. .500 HC built on tough football and limited by ability to adapt with the game. And he wanted Hurney back here and up there lol.

He had a good win but they are division rivals and the Eagles are good but not unbeatable. It's not surprising really. Who beat Ron in his almost perfect year here? Yup.

I'm still glad he is gone and Wilks looks too similar for any excitment about him long term. Congrats on the win and maybe not getting fired at the end of the year with Snyder up to his kneck in his gross mess.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Ron had a winning record here.    And he still has an overall winning record despite losing in Washington to date. 

Ron gets too much hate.   His window here simply closed.  That's coaching.   

.546 here and .422 up in DC for a total of .522. Bearly over .500 total with a sample size of 12 years. His window closed decades ago and without Cam he would not even break .500. And that is being kind.

Edited by Waldo

1 minute ago, Pakmeng said:

over .500 is not having a "significant losing record" no matter what

It is in Wahington and not here. Context and checking who said what matters because I never said what you quoted.

And add in the fact that without Cam he would have looked a lot more like his Commie time here. So yeah mediocre overall at best who got lucky walking into a franchise QB who he ruined. Yay!

35 minutes ago, Waldo said:

.546 here and .422 up in DC for a total of .522. Bearly over .500 total with a sample size of 12 years. His window closed decades ago and without Cam he would not even break .500. And that is being kind.

Cam wouldn't have been successful with all 31 other franchises.  I doubt Cam would have seen the success he had with the overwhelming majority of them.  The Ron and Cam marriage worked.   Ron gets some credit there...but people here give him none. 

Ron is a good coach.  He just wasn't a great one.   And I said it when he left, it's easier to do worse than Ron.  Hard to do better.