• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, let's just say......

ladypanther

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

The shortlist of potential OCs (no relation with Wilks, but would be hot candidates) would most likely be:

• James Urban (QB coach Baltimore) 
  • Andrew Jonocko (QB Coach CHI) 
  • Pep Hamilton (OC Texans)
  • Frank Reich (Unemployed)
  • Kliff Kingsbury (AZ HC)
  • Matt Nagy (Asst. HC KC)
  • Josh McDaniels (LV HC)
  • Joe Lombardi (OC LA) only bc its possible the chargers move on from Staley this offseason
  • Darrell Bevel (Passing Coordinator MIA) - obvious reasons
  • Brian Angelichio (TE Coach MIN) - former Panther coach who has seen success since leaving
  • Shea Tierney  (QB Coach NYG) - Intelligent up and coming coach 

I bolded who I like.

No one on this list jumps out as being head and shoulders above Wilkes. The rest of the season will tell us a lot. 

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

......Wilks impresses Tepper enough to get the HC gig.  I would assume that the interview would involve a lot of talk about offense and what coaches he would bring in.  Who would be the young up and coming offensive genius that Wilks could bring in as OC? @Mr. Scot...got some good ideas?

Most of the guys he has any connection to are older or "old school" types. Given his conservative nature, I don't know that he'd willingly choose a younger more innovative type on his own.

That'd likely mean him having someone brought in for him. How that works is anybody's guess.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

The shortlist of potential OCs (no relation with Wilks, but would be hot candidates) would most likely be:

• Josh McDaniels (LV HC)
  • Joe Lombardi (OC LA) only bc its possible the chargers move on from Staley this offseason
  • Brian Angelichio (TE Coach MIN) - former Panther coach who has seen success since leaving

I bolded who I like.

I'm gonna guess you're taking into account guys who might be fired this coming offseason.

I could see Wilks being up for working with Frank Reich, but I could also very easily see Reich getting his own head coaching opportunity.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

We really just want to stay stuck in conservative HC purgatory don’t we. 

We have had fox and we have had RR, we dont need to try this again.  We need a modern day offense, these old type coaches are in the rear view mirror.  Yeah ron get rah rah rah and get them up for a few games like last night but I would much rather prefer a whiz kid like miami mcdaniels.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Re: Josh McDaniels...

Davis has been saying that for weeks now.  Then again, he has also been known to change his mind almost on a whim, so I am not sure his assurances mean much.

About the only thing McDaniels has going for him is Davis apparently is concerned about establishing a revolving door of HCes.  But, if McDaniels has lost another locker room already, sooner or later Davis is going to have to deal with that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

• Josh McDaniels (LV HC)

I bolded who I like.

Chargers fans despise Lombardi fyi

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

• Josh McDaniels (LV HC)

I bolded who I like.

No College coaches..  blasphemy ..

just kidding.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Stuart Smith said:

No one on this list jumps out as being head and shoulders above Wilkes. The rest of the season will tell us a lot. 

Wilks has won a grand total of 5 times out of 21 games in the nfl.   And he was plucked out of Missouri for this job.   I think once again you guys are overvaluing folks associated with this franchise.   Now you can and probably will say his situations were not ideal but the fact remains he has only won 5 times to date in the nfl.  I would like to set our sights a wee bit higher in regards to our coaching search

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1