• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former NFL executive picks his top QB...

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And yet just look at the reality that there are steals and busts in every NFL draft. Always has been, always will be.

Guys who were meh in college sometimes becomes NFL stars.

Guys who were superstars in college frequently become NFL busts.

Personnel work is definitely not an exact science. It's an extremely difficult job.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Don't forget he threw for 98 total yards and 3 INT's 0 TD's against Tennessee's 130th ranked secondary. 5 rushes for negative 22 yards however that happens. That's the game where he should have put up some numbers to be taken seriously

A team that Richardson did put up numbers against. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamTheMan said:

One of the most important qualities in a quarterback is their ability to lead a team and have a respected voice in the locker room. The great ones are THE leader of their team and the guy that the team looks to when games get tough. With that said, I don't know how anyone can expect Will Levis to command an NFL locker room when he PROUDLY puts mayonnaise in his coffee. That alone was enough to remove him completely from my draft board. Intangibles matter.

Very similar things were being said pre draft about Hebert being a bit weird and off and similarly irrelevant things were brought up as arguments why he wouldn't be a good leader. If you think hyper competitive millionaire professional athletes are going to refuse to follow a guy who can move the chains but has an odd choice of coffee condiments, I don't really know what to tell you.

I am with you that mayonaise in coffee is weird.

I'm even with you that mayonaise in coffee may be evidence that he's an alien trying to pose as human. It's that fuging weird. 

But if he can sling the rock, his teammates won't care if he's from Rigel VI or East Chicken Neck, they'll line up with him every time.

Russell Wilson is clearly not from this planet, but none of his Seattle teammates said so until he was gone.

• Pie 1

Still waiting for like anything to be shown from him during an actual game.  His best moments were mostly Wandale last year and a handful of dimes that have been dropped since.  I'm sure you can dig up some decent stuff this year but man, it's been UGLY as of late. 

Never say never with guys with those tools, but he has two glaring concerns (1) age (2) no apparent in-game intangibles/"omg" type plays.  He just doesn't seem to find the moment to make big plays happen.  I don't see him utilizing these great tools he apparently has.      

Allen at least showed off his legs and arm a lot in college.  The velocity on his balls was absolutely insane, just a bezerk arm.  You saw him tease what could be built upon.  I am just rarely seeing that type of stuff from Levis.  Sure, its the system, but there's a lot left to be desired. 

Then you look at some of the other higher upside guys and they look just as good, if not better.  Not many have a bigger arm than Levis' though so that's what teams may be coming back to with him.  But you need to hit the ground running with him and I just don't see it.

Who knows, maybe he somehow looks okay today.  But I doubt it.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Of course.  That is why we need to trust the evaluators and stop listening to those that talk some of these guys up.  

The evaluators are the ones missing on those picks. That was my point. It's a very inexact "science". There wouldn't be near as much interest on the opinions of talking heads if the actual professional NFL talent evaluators proved to be better at their jobs but that's just the nature of reality.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The Jimmy's are rustled in here. You guys get triggered so easily about anything.

We're Panthers fans which means that a few weeks into the season there's pretty much nothing left to talk about except for hopefully a better future which means draft and potential coaches and frontier office folks. It is what it is.