• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ? Anyone seen DJ?

Khyber53

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I've seen ostensibly lesser WRs play better with Mayfield under center.

D.J. is a good receiver, just not a great one. He'll tear it up with more legit play makers on offense. 

Guys who may have a connection with Baker? 

Kinda like Robbie Anderson having a great year with his FRIEND Teddy 

37 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

DJ needs Moore QB.

Cam, Allen, Heinicke, Teddy, Darnold, Baker, Walker

All these QBs have had receivers who could catch 60% to 70% of their passes.

It wouldn't happen to be DJs 50% reception rate, his league low 4 TD season average among #1 WRs, or his career league low 8.3 yards per target?

Could never be that DJ Moore is actually the problem filling the #1 WR, Clutch receiver, playmaker role... could it?

Steve Smith had a span of 5 seasons in his 30s to end his career as a Panther with an injured Delhomme, Clausen, and an immature NFL passer in Newton. That span in Smith's 30s had more production and plays made to win games and go to the playoffs than a young DJ Moore in his prime. Smith was called washed up, and DJ Moore is lauded as one of the best WRs in the NFL by some Panthers fans.

Steve Smith was better in his 30s than DJ Moore ever will be in his prime. Moore needs to be demoted to a #2 WR before he is completely done in the NFL as a starter after 3 more seasons. All Steve Smith needed in his first 5 seasons as a starter at WR was a washed up journeyman and an undrafted QB from NFL Europe. Smitty would make Teddy and PJ look good. Smith won games and made the plays to put the Panthers in the SB and 2 conference championships while taking over the NFL and winning the triple crown.

In case you forgot or never knew what a #1 WR should look like by his 4th year as an NFL starter check out Steve Smith in 2005 with Jake Delhomme, Keary Colbert, Kris Mangum, and Stephen Davis as his supporting cast. That 2005 offense would never have gotten to the playoffs with DJ Moore as the #1.

Every year there are at least 3 or 4 WRs who come into the NFL that are better than DJ Moore. There are only 32 #1 WR spots in the NFL.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

You must think he hasn't been "good." I've said to the contrary. 

Robbie is gone and was never meant to be our WR1. 

D.J. is paid like our 1, but hasn't played like our 1. At some point, the excuses have to stop. Realize the guy's ceiling and move on. He's a good receiver, just not a great one (as I said before). He needs to play among other skilled play makers to maximize his efficiency. Why me saying this bothers you so much, I don't know. TMJ has basically outplayed Moore for the last month. That should tell you a little something. 

Terrace Marshall Jr was a massive bust according to most of us here just a few months ago and he would have been traded if some people had their way. Maybe the change in perception for him could be a lesson learned moving forward with Moore until we get a real QB in here.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

I was irritated as hell because I kept seeing the ball go to our new bell cow Shi Smith. 

Mayfield looked good on a his throws for a stretch, that same stretch that the WRs couldn’t catch enough of them. DJ. A couple that were not caught were really good throws. And he hit the receiver in stride a couple of times on completions. 

I am not a Mayfield fan though, at all, and was waiting for it when that 4th quarter got rolling good. We’d have seen it sooner if Shi Smith hadn’t stolen his thunder. 

people point to djs stats since he was drafted with trash qbs but then blame trash qbs, which is it?

DJ is not a #1. Gives up and can’t block. Past stats largely cam in trash time playing from behind near end of games. I’ve watched his whole career.

that said he is a solid 2 and would be better with a 1 on the field, not just for defenses attention, but also said 1 barking at him. It’s what he needs. Proof: smitty calling him out twice and twice miraculously played better.

4 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Cam, Allen, Heinicke, Teddy, Darnold, Baker, Walker

All these QBs have had receivers who could catch 60% to 70% of their passes.

My man, you realize Moore's catch percentage was in the 60s his first 2 seasons, right?

What #1 WR has Baker had that had a 60-70 catch rate?  Darnold?  Teddy?  Heinicke?  Allen?

4 hours ago, Mage said:

My man, you realize Moore's catch percentage was in the 60s his first 2 seasons, right?

What #1 WR has Baker had that had a 60-70 catch rate?  Darnold?  Teddy?  Heinicke?  Allen?

Landry, Crowder, Diggs, McLaurin.

They were all more productive in the clutch, scoring TDs, and catching their targets from the same QBs that threw the ball to Moore. Why can't Moore produce better than these receivers when given the same QB.

Is it because Moore is better and the QBs just hold him back? They are not holding the other WRs back... or maybe they are and Moore is just the least productive WR.

8 hours ago, frankw said:

Terrace Marshall Jr was a massive bust according to most of us here just a few months ago and he would have been traded if some people had their way. Maybe the change in perception for him could be a lesson learned moving forward with Moore until we get a real QB in here.

Well, I never considered TMJ a bust. He wasn't getting an opportunity. That can't be said in any shape, form or fashion for Moore. Moore has put up good numbers for the most part, he just disappears in spurts, drops balls during inopportune times and is not a real scoring threat. 

This thread is noodles. CMAC got traded and no one else did. For the last time, get over it and quit crapping on the players that didn't get traded. 

DJ Moore produces when there is any form of decent QB play. It is laughable to say he has no dog or no fight in him. Go and watch how he carries himself on Amazon Doc, or see emotional explosion at end of first Atlanta game. The QB play this year has been below abysmal and literally every national pundit sees the guy as a great player. That is why they all wanted him in Green Bay, because he is a difference maker and Aaron Rodgers has jack shite for WRs. Yet here on the fanbase forum, you all are trying to say he is a JAG. How does that saying go, tell me you know nothing about something without telling me you know nothing?

• Beer 1