• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about CJ Stroud

NAS

46 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’ll admit I was very skeptical of Herbert. He has definitely proved me wrong. 

It was the lead up up to the draft when I had more time to check out his games from that season where I was finally comfortable saying let’s pick him. I can’t be mad at our organization though as he went one spot in front of us and we scouted him more than anyone. Not happy about Fields and if Stroud is there I would hope he is the pick. 

• Pie 1

I believe he has the most single reads in the NCAA or close to it.

My brother is a diehard OSU fan and says he plays scared and is nowhere near what Fields was. 

From what I can tell, he just fits really well into Ryan Day’s system. Nothing about him really pops out at me. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

My brother is a diehard OSU fan and says he plays scared and is nowhere near what Fields was. 

From what I can tell, he just fits really well into Ryan Day’s system. Nothing about him really pops out at me. 

post 1!

Ryan Day's system is interesting.  He changes a ton year to year based on the talent available, all about creating for the strengths of the players so it naturally handicaps every guy on the team.

Stroud does play a bit timid at times, you can sense his nerves but statistically, he's been fine, if not quite good under pressure.  Michigan is going to be a huge test.  Excited to see.  

12 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Yeah gotta see him against Michigan and whatever bowl/playoff games. They really didn't play anyone this year aside from Notre Dame and Penn St. I ultimately would want to see how he would respond against Georgias Defense. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Kyle Allen to start for Texans this week.

I guess they've seen of enough of Davis Mills

Texans are definitely going qb 

Kyle Allen has definitely found his role in the league and I’m here for it. Still the QB CMC produced the most with to date. Would’ve loved if he was just kept as our bridge QB some years ago. He’s in essence what we’ve endured since (honestly, better than). Doesn’t make him good but he’s got that role figured out.

49 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

If your first read is open though that’s where you are supposed to go. I remember when folks punished Justin Herbert for this a few years ago but that’s the offense he played in. The one-read college assessment doesn’t worry me much. Arm strength, mechanics, touch and leadership matter more to me than the offense somebody is in. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, stirs said:

We discussed him and decided he is a 5th rounder at best

I thought he was much better than that other guy folks like. But hey, I'm not going to cry, but man, I would love him in the 2nd.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Watt about the other kid from that other school?

Nah, he is definitely a 5th. Sorry.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

If your first read is open though that’s where you are supposed to go. I remember when folks punished Justin Herbert for this a few years ago but that’s the offense he played in. The one-read college assessment doesn’t worry me much. Arm strength, mechanics, touch and leadership matter more to me than the offense somebody is in. 

Yeah I mean he has about to win Heisman with his stats, which means the first read is usually the right one…

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I'd have to talk myself into liking him if we draft him - based off the few games I've seen him play so far. 

Yeah he's good at throwing a football but I worry about that pocket presence and scrambling ability when he's facing NFL pressure and his WR's aren't wide open