• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold is the best QB on this team

onmyown

13 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

He has a fair distance to go to prove he is even a serviceable backup.  What most teams want most out of a backup is somebody that can come in, run a limited version of the offense efficiently, and NOT lose the game by turning the ball over. 

People are drooling all over themselves because a guy with a four-year track record of turning the ball over didn't turn the ball over on November 27, 2022.

He was talking about Mike White from the Jets.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Yeah but didn't he not really play QB in HS?

I can't remember.  But that's lots of reps to make up. Maybe just maybe he has caught up?

He was recruited as a LB by some schools:

"Quarterback Sam Darnold, a San Clemente High School prospect with fewer than 800 career varsity passing yards, committed to USC on Friday"

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He was recruited as a LB by some schools:

"Quarterback Sam Darnold, a San Clemente High School prospect with fewer than 800 career varsity passing yards, committed to USC on Friday"

I hated that trade the moment it was announced.  Never ever draft or trade for a USC qb.

45 minutes ago, Varking said:

He’s a pocket passer who threw for like 150 yards. Folks shouldn’t be counting this as a good game from Sam. 

He's a 'pocket passer' (who has a 46 yard TD run in the NFL) who had a 103 QB rating yesterday and scored 2 TDs without turning the ball over in a resounding win. I'm not sure what more he could do. 

They handcuffed him like they've been handcuffing Mayfield and Walker. 

• Pie 2

50 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I wouldn't take him this offseason. I'd rather get a decent journeyman game manager(Garoppolo, Brissett, Heinickie, Bridgewater, etc) if I am gonna go with a stop gap option. 

I hear you but no thanks to anymore journeymen for me that will just be one more poor bastard for us to eviscerate haha. Draft a rookie in the first and live with the results.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I hear you but no thanks to anymore journeymen for me that will just be one more poor bastard for us to eviscerate haha. Draft a rookie in the first and live with the results.

Oh I am not advocating for us to NOT draft a rookie QB, I am just saying if I am going journeyman, just take a guy that has been a bunch of places and had modest success or better at most.

No more gambling on busts or damaged goods. That's fool's gold.

• Beer 2

26 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't care that Williams goes to USC. My concern is if he's a system guy since he's only played for Lincoln Riley in college.

My concern is that a lot of his game is bullshit sandlot plays, so he'd have to test extremely well at the Combine for that to translate to the NFL.

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

He's a 'pocket passer' (who has a 46 yard TD run in the NFL) who had a 103 QB rating yesterday and scored 2 TDs without turning the ball over in a resounding win. I'm not sure what more he could do. 

They handcuffed him like they've been handcuffing Mayfield and Walker. 

We have seen Sam play NFL QB for five seasons now? And we have seen him play long stretches here. He did this against one of the absolute worst teams in the NFL right now. This performance is nothing to write home about just like I didn’t get overhyped about a few good games he had to start the season last year, or the Kyle Allen four game stretch, etc. If he keeps this going I will settle for the “he’s being handcuffed” by our coaching staff once again. 

• Pie 3