• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft position updates

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Dog, we have a Year 2 Matt Corral on the roster for next year, its not ideal compared to Bryce Young or w/e but its not nothing.

Bro. That dude is learning behind Darnold, PJ, and Baker. Plus some Rhule in there. Unfortunatley he has probably regressed just sitting on the bench.

• Flames 1

For the tankers, the day went about as well as it could, other than us winning of course. But, just to hear my 9-year-old son say, "Dad, we got revenge for the Super Bowl" made it worth it to me. Of course, the win today does not equate to that, but it did to him. Keep Pounding!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

12 minutes ago, stirs said:

Looks like guys picking after us could lose next week and we would still be at 6

True, but then another 2-3 wins would put us in middle of the pack versus those other 4 win teams--as they are not as good or have harder remaining schedules. I want no part of picks 4 through the rest of the top 10.  I think there's better value around 10 and back.  We don't need linemen as bad as other positions and that's the meat of the crop after Anderson, Young and Stroud.  WRs and Mayer will be the choices in that area.  Moore needs some help and Lord knows we are severely TE deficient.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I'd rather regularly be 32nd in the draft than first.

Then again, I love pro football and I only slightly pay attention to college football. I'd probably like college football better if it translated better to the pro game. 

College football is fuging awful. You will never see a worse example of lack of parity and lack of fairness than college football. 

There is no comparison to the NFL.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

College football is fuging awful. You will never see a worse example of lack of parity and lack of fairness than college football. 

Another thing that makes the NFL so good. Any given Sunday is accurate. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

True, but then another 2-3 wins would put us in middle of the pack versus those other 4 win teams--as they are not as good or have harder remaining schedules. I want no part of pick 4 through the rest of the top 10.  I think there's better value around 10 and back.  We don't need linemen as bad as other positions and that's the meat of the just crop after Anderson, Young and Stroud.  WRs and Mayer will be the choices in that area.  Moore needs some help and Lord knows we are severely TE deficient.

The upside to missing out on the "Top-4" is snagging a guy like Mayer or Johnston to help the offense. Our OL looks set up for success as long as we bring back Bozeman. Looking at the 'Hawks with Geno and the Niners with Jimmy G makes me think that if we miss out on Stroud/Young, that we are a good HC/OC and decent QB away from a playoff push. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

The upside to missing out on the "Top-4" is snagging a guy like Mayer or Johnston to help the offense. Our OL looks set up for success as long as we bring back Bozeman. Looking at the 'Hawks with Geno and the Niners with Jimmy G makes me think that if we miss out on Stroud/Young, that we are a good HC/OC and decent QB away from a playoff push. 

Yup, I'm all for fortifying the rest of the roster. Getting a solid, even if unspectacular, QB and competent coaching staff that includes an OC with a freaking clue can get this team into the playoffs.  Our defense isn't that far off and the offense can be retooled in one off season with several savvy moves in the draft and a couple key FA signings.

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep, and all the playbooks are designed as such.

"see line up as wide as possible and run as fast as possible and the QB will just heave it up to you and you will have so much separation against 9 out 10 of the teams we play it won't fuging matter what we call"

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

And therein is my problem with basing everything on the draft, particularly the hope of fans. I get it, though, some folks love not just a college team but the entire college football experience. They really get into comparing QBs and other prospects and they have strong feelings about certain prospects. And that's great.

Except that all of that rarely translates well into the NFL. It's great when your team hits on a good player and once in a while, your team will hit on a legendary one (we've certainly had some here). But most of the seven picks or so you'll make aren't on your team in two years or even in the league in three.

So, I just can't get but so interested in all the talk of drafts. And I sure as hell don't abide by the idea of tanking for some snot nosed kid who is a "guaranteed top 3 pick QB."

I know that's where the greats come from, but the crop has been so underwhelming in recent years, well... surely you see.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yup, this is Colorado's last several games versus top competition (tied for worst 1-win team in the Power 5)

image.png.e2b96bb6d4e0707fe2fe8207db26d154.png

Now here are the Texan's results--the worst team in the NFL:

image.png.f7d82fe0a7c91d3a4ce74c7ce904531a.png

They are not getting blown out.  They only lost by 12 points to Philly who has the best record in the NFL.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1