• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft position updates

Mr. Scot

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Cam never won. Before his shoulder fell off, did you feel any need to replace him? These are 2020/2021 draft picks. I was just saying that everyone would rather pick 32nd, but all we really need to stop all the draft pick talk in season is actually get a solid QB we don’t want to replace. That hasn’t been the case since the first half of 2018 when Cam was not the same. Once we get the solid QB, the rest is adding the right pieces through draft and FA but no top 5 pick talk. 

Replace him, no. But I always felt we needed more than JAG at backup QB due to his physical playing style and the NFLs lack of safety concerns when it came to him and head to head hits. His durability has been a concern since day 1 for a lot of people because of all the hits. 

23 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

One place I hope the Panthers really reinforce is the offensive and defensive lines. The ability to run the ball successfully is demoralizing to the opponent. We need depth. 

They will need to draft a RB with one of those extra picks as well.  They need to add someone better than what is behind him and who can eventually replace Forman when he isn't cutting it anymore. At the rate they are using him it may not be too long.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

They will need to draft a RB with one of those extra picks as well.  They need to add someone better than what is behind him and who can eventually replace Forman when he isn't cutting it anymore. At the rate they are using him it may not be too long.

As an Auburn fan, I’d love Tank Bigsby in the late 3rd/early 4th.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

RBs are a dime a dozen these days. Unless you're like Rhule and let your wife pick our RBs. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, mc52beast said:

As usual we’re going to win our way out of a top pick and be relegated to QB hell.

Let it go, man.  Teams don't lose for draft picks.  

Our defense is legit and who knows with some confidence from our QB we might just win out and really make things interesting.

5 hours ago, Snake said:

Yup another year of crap picks. I'm so fuging over this team. We will stay forever shitty this way. 

There are 16 teams over .500.  Go join their bandwagon.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The 2023 RB free agent list is nice, more RB's available than teams desperate for one

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/j44l4mQaegKkzCZaKV" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/dreamworks-alec-baldwin-dreamworks-animation-boss-baby-j44l4mQaegKkzCZaKV">via GIPHY</a></p>

jon stewart middle finger GIF

6 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Let it go, man.  Teams don't lose for draft picks.  

Our defense is legit and who knows with some confidence from our QB we might just win out and really make things interesting.

There are 16 teams over .500.  Go join their bandwagon.

How about you join

Deez Nuts GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Eh. If we end up in 8-12 range I wouldn’t care if we roll the dice on Levis. Also looks like the guy from Stanford is rising up the board. Tho I haven’t watched him at all this year.

Missing out on Young is not ideal. But if we decide not to go QB there’s plenty of players at positions of need that have potential. We could add to the O-Line with Skoronski, boast our Dline with Bresee, or add a playmaker in Johnston/Addison, or a TE in Mayer.

Also a few CBs ranked in the 8-15 range.  tbh the worst part of dropping might be there’s always one or two big names that drop into that late first early 2nd range. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, MartyClemons said:

Eh. If we end up in 8-12 range I wouldn’t care if we roll the dice on Levis. Also looks like the guy from Stanford is rising up the board. Tho I haven’t watched him at all this year.

Missing out on Young is not ideal. But if we decide not to go QB there’s plenty of players at positions of need that have potential. We could add to the O-Line with Skoronski, boast our Dline with Bresee, or add a playmaker in Johnston/Addison, or a TE in Mayer.

Also a few CBs ranked in the 8-15 range.  tbh the worst part of dropping might be there’s always one or two big names that drop into that late first early 2nd range. 

I'd rather have PJ/Sam/Minshew, give Corral a year, draft BPA in the 1st. If that's a qb cool if not, graba Mccall or Ward/Hooker/Penix on day 2/3