• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Catcrave 4 QBs if panthers drop out of top 10

raleigh-panther

Both Young and Stroud will probably be gone when the Panthers select in the 2023 draft in rd. 1, so i would like to see them take the best player available and take a chance on Florida QB Anthony Richardson if he is there in the 2nd rd..

Richardson  has a lot of  untapped talent and may have more upside than any QB in the draft, if given time to develop by good coaching. 

• Pie 2

19 hours ago, d-dave said:

Both KC and Buffalo traded up for their franchise guys.  We can do that too.  It's not the end of the world so long as you make the right decision.

They would have to be future picks as our draft capital this upcoming draft is not great.  I don't think any of these QBs in this draft are worthy of 2 first round picks.  I would be surprised. 

I totally agree with the rest of your statement. 

58 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Both Young and Stroud will probably be gone when the Panthers select in the 2023 draft in rd. 1, so i would like to see them take the best player available and take a chance on Florida QB Anthony Richardson if he is there in the 2nd rd..

Richardson  has a lot of  untapped talent and may have more upside than any QB in the draft, if given time to develop by good coaching. 

spoiler alert, he will not be there in the 2nd

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

What is this mess about the Panthers curb stomping the Cowboys? How did that go last year? They stomped tf out of the Vikings recently too. I get being optimistic but some folks here are just nuts.

Did you read the thread, or just being obtuse.

@LinvilleGorge made a long story about how every negative imaginable will occur to our Panthers. So I wrote an opposing thought. Not that difficult if you follow along.

1 hour ago, Gerry Green said:

Did you read the thread, or just being obtuse.

@LinvilleGorge made a long story about how every negative imaginable will occur to our Panthers. So I wrote an opposing thought. Not that difficult if you follow along.

Like most things it's somewhere in the middle. It's still possible for the Panthers to win the division because of how awful the NFCS is but as far as facing a playoff team it's going to go similarly as the recent loss to the Bengals. They took us to the woodshed and they aren't even as formidable as they were last year. The Cowboys are whooping playoff teams with Cooper Rush. I don't trust Darnold at all he's earned his reputation and the longer we start him it's just a matter of waiting for the other shoe to drop when he starts turning the ball over. Nothing has changed.

Corral will get an opportunity to show what he has but any coach / GM that goes into the season expecting him to show something (and thus neglecting getting another prospect/other starter QB option) is basically asking to be fired after the debacle of the last few years.

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Corral will get an opportunity to show what he has but any coach / GM that goes into the season expecting him to show something (and thus neglecting getting another prospect/other starter QB option) is basically asking to be fired after the debacle of the last few years.

I doubt he even gets an opportunity if we draft a guy in the top 10.  Thats just not how it works in the nfl

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I doubt he even gets an opportunity if we draft a guy in the top 10.  Thats just not how it works in the nfl

I think he very likely will. Not in the sense of some kind of declared open camp competition, but I suspect that where we will be drafting we will have one of the more raw QB prospects, and there's been mixed feelings on immediately starting first rounders forever.

I tend to think if a guy really has it, it'll show, and I think that Corral will get a chance to do so.

If we go for another vet retread who knows...