• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye bye Baker

TN05

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I wouldn't say it was high risk.  The trade was ultimately a 5th round draft pick to kick the tires on Baker.  Sam Darnold was a much higher risk move with the picks involved and the guaranteed salary this year.

High risk in that they were counting on Baker to be the QB of the future and save their jobs.

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He's not gonna play because of that draft pick, it's past the trade deadline but maybe there's a team dealing with injuries that asked for a favor in return for an IOU. Plus it's probably awkward in the QB room for no good reason

It is 100% the 49ers asking for a IOU

21 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Unless I did the math wrong, Baker was at the 5th rounder threshold until his last start.  That bumped him over the 70% threshold.  We would have to make the playoffs for him to get below that again.  In other words, we don't have enough games left for Baker to get below the 70% again.

Im sorry but your math is pretty far off....

41 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Nice guy from all accounts of what I've seen and heard about him on the Panthers. Took being demoted with grace and exuded little drama.

But this was a necessary move. He brings nothing to the table, and he's regressed heavily even post-Rhule. 

Sam Darnold and PJ Walker have shown more potential than him as a QB on this team, and they're the furthest thing from world-beaters.

Wish him success as a backup in this league, but can't imagine he'd ever land another starting gig for a long time.

Pretty much this. I thought he would be a disaster in terms of the locker room if things didn't go well but that wasn't the case at all. The guy seemed to come in with the right attitude and did everything the staff asked him to do. That's all I can ask of a player. I'm not pissed at Baker. I'm not pissed at Sam. I'm not pissed at Armanti Edwards and Amini and Pickles from years passed. I'm pissed that we have an overall sorry ass organization.

• Beer 1