• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Considerably higher ceiling than Willis and a considerably lower floor. 

I don't want to see us make this pick at the moment because we aren't sitting on a staff capable of developing such an insanely raw prospect. That may change depending on who we hire in the offseason. 

I think Richardson is much more developed than Malik is. He isn't THAT far off. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Considerably higher ceiling than Willis and a considerably lower floor. 

I don't want to see us make this pick at the moment because we aren't sitting on a staff capable of developing such an insanely raw prospect. That may change depending on who we hire in the offseason. 

I'd rather be a team that swings for the fences with a QB draft pick than waits until the late rounds hoping someone slips.

I completely agree that I don't trust his team to develop any QB, but sometimes players surprise us even when coordinators don't. I'd rather have a QB to be excited about, and hopefully Tepper isn't fooled by recent records and sees the value of an offense minded coach. We will see...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

So do you think how raw he looked is largely a product of how he was used and who was around him in Florida?  Especially early in the year he seemed really inconsistent.

12 minutes ago, Verge said:

I disagree but I’m not a scout.. 

Mailk did have way more college experience, production and film.. Richardson faced better competition when he did play thoe..

52 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

So do you think how raw he looked is largely a product of how he was used and who was around him in Florida?  Especially early in the year he seemed really inconsistent.

Anyone who watches tape on us this season will find out quickly that our WR room is trash. Our new five star QB is trying to pull 2 5 star WR to commit with him. We were not talented this year. Dan Mullen was poo at recruiting and when you get a new coach a lot of the old better players leave. The guys who stayed were under performers or were so young they were hoping for a playtime boost.  

I also don’t blame them at all for switching how we used Richardson. Miller III was our backup and hurt from week 1 until now. Richardson was getting dinged up and if we kept running him a lot we were going to need to use Kitna more and he wasn’t ready. If we were to compete we needed Richardson out there and they were clearly asking him to not run to avoid extra wear. 

It’s like having an athlete like a Cam or Fields in college and telling them do not run at all when the chips are down.  But they did him a favor by keeping him out of harms way. 

He’s a super nice kid and he works hard and he’s not a headcase. Teams are going to like him during interviews. His teammates were at the podium a few weeks ago basically begging him to return for another year. You don’t do that for a guy that’s holding you back. 

Richardson took his lumps and kept his mouth shut about the talent around him. 

I still want Stroud but I wouldn’t be upset about grabbing Richardson either. We’d also stop getting stuffed at the goal line with him. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lol OK pot.

You think arm talent means a cannon that can throw 80 yds. Essentially an useless skill.

Arm talent means power and velocity yes.

But it also means being able to throw the back shoulder on command. 

Hit recievers in stride in tight trail technique. 

Being able to layer the ball by changing trajectories and velocities. 

Being able to throw an opposite boundary ball in an 20 by 20 inch window over the corner (ala Kyle Allen and Sam Darnold)

Most of this kids completions are to wide ass open guys. The vast vast majority. 

“Arm talent means power and velocity yes” 

“Richardson has does not have the arm talent”

You contradict yourself. 

It’s very telling that most folks consider you a troll here but I thought you were just playing a character. Maybe you aren’t and they are right. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

You contradict yourself. 

It’s very telling that most folks consider you a troll here but I thought you were just playing a character. Maybe you aren’t and they are right. 

You're a Florida fan right?

Have not much of florida this year

How's his mobility?

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

You contradict yourself. 

You know what? I'm warming up to your opinion. 

Maybe I'm wrong about AR15 busting.

If he does come here I'll support him until he loses my trust. I'll say he's going to be better than Pickles and Weinke. 

I still want to see some Matt Corral tho.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

If he does come here I'll support him until he loses my trust. I'll say he's going to be better than Pickles and Weinke. 

We all would like to have seen more Corral this year. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You are just desperate for a QB like the rest of us

• Pie 2