• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How good is Brian Burns 2022 campaign?

micnificent28

10 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

And I'll die on the hill that Burns is doing what he is doing without an offense and if you all saw him on a team with an actual offense keeping him rested and able to pin his ears back for 3rd and 4th quarters of games the same clowns proclaiming to trade him would be dead silent as he takes over the league on a good team while we have 3 Everette Brown's on the roster with 8 combined sacks.

He got plenty of rest today from the offense 

I'll say it again, Burns is a good not a great player at this point in his career. He reminds me a lot of Mario Addison except we rely on Burns to play a lot more. Paying him like he's a top 5 4-3 DE will be a huge mistake. Not trading him for 2 1st rounders was also a huge mistake if that was a real offer because he is NOT someone you build your defense around

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Peppers also had games without sacks and zero impact. Burns isn’t Peppers, but the over reacting and wanting to hate the dude is interesting to watch. 

Has nothing to do with hating him but moreso the fact that we are going to have to pay him top 5 DE money when he is not a top 5 DE. Teams game planned against Peppers to try and eliminate him from the game. They actually had to worry about him beside just rushing the passer. Teams love game planning for Brian Burns. It's a free 5 yards every time you run in his direction

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Peppers also had games without sacks and zero impact. Burns isn’t Peppers, but the over reacting and wanting to hate the dude is interesting to watch. 

No one hates him people are just upset we turned down a kings ransom for a player that isn’t a complete player ready to cash in as one 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Good thing those 2 things are really easy to get. Playoff caliber QBs are so easy to get that every NFL team has one. 

We're more than those 2 things away from seriously competing. We also need a WR1, help in our LB core, secondary, OC, DC, TE not to mention the players we will inevitably lose to FA. 

All of those things you listed are things needed to have a “perfect team” on paper. You do not need every single piece to be compete….he’ll we are competing right now even though we have had a disaster season by all respects. We control our own destiny December and that is with a revolving door at QB, a temp head coach, half a coaching staff, trading away our best player, etc. I realize QB’s don’t grow on trees, but my point is that we only need mid range QB production in order to be a caliber playoff team. Absolutely no way we need anywhere close to 5 years to become a playoff caliber team. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Did he really get credit for a half sack? That was all Luvu getting Geno out of the pocket and Shaq started the tackle. Burns was never even in the pocket and came over when Shaq was mid tackle.

If he did get the stat, his line looks better than he was.

https://instagram.com/stories/brianburns99/2991293343027539892?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://instagram.com/stories/brianburns99/2991293471381720785?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

He was in great position and came around to get in front of Geno and prob would have had the sack on his own if they weren’t chasing from behind. I don’t know why we go out of the way to hate on Burns when he is the best player on our defense other than Brown. He is just 24 years old and already a captain/leader of the team, and is putting up pro bowl stats.

5 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Has nothing to do with hating him but moreso the fact that we are going to have to pay him top 5 DE money when he is not a top 5 DE. Teams game planned against Peppers to try and eliminate him from the game. They actually had to worry about him beside just rushing the passer. Teams love game planning for Brian Burns. It's a free 5 yards every time you run in his direction

I guess hes not a top 5 defensive end. But a top 5 edge... absolutely.

FB_IMG_1670715956160.jpg

Just now, micnificent28 said:

These rankings seem to disagree. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-edge-defender-rankings-week-13-micah-parsons-myles-garrett-2022

10. BRIAN BURNS, CAROLINA PANTHERS

Burns has been an ironman for the Panthers this year, leading all edge defenders in snaps (718). Despite that heavy workload, he's been incredibly productive. Burns ranks fourth in the NFL in pressures (53) while also placing second in hurries (34). He’s already recorded double-digit sacks for the first time in his career (10) and is still only 24 years. His lack of ability to stop the run (49.5 PFF run-defense grade) is the only thing keeping him from being higher on this list. 

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

There’s no hate

My guy. You've been raging for weeks with anti Burns posts ever since Fitts declined the Rams trade. You are surely entitled to your opinion that it was a bad decision but to say there's no hate is laughable at best. We see it.

• Flames 1