• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden 23 PS4

LinvilleGorge

Real quick, are the franchise mode improvements on the PS4 version? I've read conflicting reports. On sale for $30 and the newest version I have is '20. All I do is play offline franchise mode so if the franchise mode improvements aren't on the PS4 version then there's really no reason for me to even spend $30.

I'll move this over the Lounge after I get the answer. Just wanna get as many eyes as possible to get that answer quick. 😂

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

28 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

To get your best experience of all modes in madden.. you need to have a next gen console. I’m sorry to report.

The only features I care about are the improvements to franchise mode. I don't care about better animations, new intros, etc. All I care about is franchise mode.  Is it significantly improved in the PS4 version or no? If no, then I won't bother. I'm not buying a PS5 for awhile.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only features I care about are the improvements to franchise mode. I don't care about better animations, new intros, etc. All I care about is franchise mode.  Is it significantly improved in the PS4 version or no? If no, then I won't bother. I'm not buying a PS5 for awhile.

Don't have it, but from what I know it has some cool new features like hiring coordinators and stuff...And when I say new, I mean bringing back a feature Madden 12 had. If you already have 20, really no reason at all to get 22.

Now Madden 08? I'd pay 100 bucks for that game.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Depends on what you mean by improvements.

If by you mean, mechanically 1:1 with next gen, then yeah sure. Everything is there.

If by "a big leap in logic from Madden 22" then depressingly no, for every good thing abt Madden 23 there's 2 or 3 more frustrating step backs. On top of that, while next gen load times aren't great, On PS4/Xbone they're unplayably slow. 

If you want sim poo and don't care abt gameplay atm, I'd look into Axis Football, even on a lower spec PC you should be able to run the sim there and I've heard good things abt the sim and customization options.

Edited by Rags

3 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

It doesn’t help that EA has a contract in place with the NFL where they are the only dev allowed to create an NFL game. Wish 2K could make NFL games again. Competition breeds ingenuity and a better product overall. 

4 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Madden/EA doesn’t care about franchise mode lol. It’s all about MUT and in game purchases. 

Truth.

• Beer 1