• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tankers

Sir Purr

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Our weakness is our passing game. That's fine when you play teams that have the same weakness, so it becomes who can control the los. But when we play a team that can throw it well, like the Bengals, then what do we do when they move the ball easily and get a lead? Wait for Burns to get a garbage time sack? Watch Forman run for 2 yards? Not enough. We can't beat the top passing teams unless lady luck gifts us a perfect game.

So what's the plan? The new QB thing has to be put on hold. We may need to roll with Sam and Corral next season, and Sam will have a 1 year prove it deal. That way we are developing a QB, and we have a vet who knows the system and can run the offense, albeit in a limited fashion. Another option is to find a new vet and dump Sam. Either way we need to focus on finding a #1 WR and elite pass catching TE in the draft. There is no need to QB a flawed QB later in the draft when we already have a project in the works with Corral. What is needed immediately is a "bailout" type WR or TE, or hopefully both. A tall #1 WR who can win jump balls and threaten a defense deep is needed desperately. DJ more is more of a "throw me open" type #2 WR, and asking a game managing QB to throw DJ open when no one is open is too much to ask. It's unreasonable, and any FA QB who comes here is going to have the same problem. 

So our plan needs to be adjusted. The highly coveted QBs will be off the board by the time we pick, but we MUST juice up our passing offense. This has to happen to save the 2023 from being another lost season.

So I am taking a look at:

QJ is a BEAST

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

Wild how they took a QB that busted with the higher pick instead of using it on Brian Burns or Montez Sweat so that they didn't have to trade their 2020 1st... 👀

Then again, losing 2 more games would have meant that they could have selected the franchise himself, Daniel Jones. 😮

They wouldnt have had to trade up to get him. The coaches and FO did not want him at all. If they had lost another 2 games that year, the pick still would have been Dwayne Haskins. Synder was taking Haskins no matter who was available. 

2 hours ago, Icege said:

I understand that the higher the pick, the more available prospects there are. However, this also reminds me of the end of the 2018 - 2019 season. We had folks in here that were apoplectic over winning the final game of the season against the Saints. It was a "meaningless win" that folks guaranteed would prevent us from drafting a top pass rusher that offseason.

The draft pick: Brian Burns

Again, I understand the sentiment behind the desire to lose and get a better pick in the draft. However, if that can be validated, then why can't it also be acknowledged that picking 9th or even in the middle of the 1st doesn't doom the team to mediocrity? Hell, Mahomes went #10 behind Trubisky.

If you read that post, you should have realized I was responding to a poster who asked what the big deal is about tanking. It was/is not how I look at things. 

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

San Fran has mr irrelevant as their starting qb

the very last draft pick in the 2021 draft 

guess they know how to do talent evaluation and schemes 

49ers bubble will burst as more film comes out but right now I’d say that nothing is impossible if the talent scouts and OC do their jobs 

A) they have infinntly better coaches then we do

B) Mr Irrelevant has been getting all of the 2nd team reps since preseason.  That makes a huge difference

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'm normally on your side of things, but outside of the Manning family, #1 overall QBs winning the big one is FAR and few between, especially this millennium. 

I get that, just pointing out to him that even with jake playing out of his mind it still wasnt good enough.   You need an elite elite talent at qb to win it all.  Thats really not even debatable in 2022.  And what I mean by that is at some point in the playoffs (probably multiple times) the qb has to put the team on their proverbial back and win some games on them alone

Edited by mrcompletely11

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get that, just pointing out to him that even with jake playing out of his mind it still wasnt good enough.   You need an elite elite talent at qb to win it all.  Thats really not even debatable in 2022. 

An elite elite QB. Can you describe what that looks like? And how many of them are out there? And how in the bloody hell can we get one?

Oh, and it's alright if you poo my posts. It reminds me of playing games with my 9 year old nephew. He's not allowed to swear, so he says poo instead. Kinda like you, but he is an actual child.

• Poo 1