• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wilks refutes the media's perception that the Panthers "tried to tank this year"

Saca312

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Wilks is right.  They did try to tank.  They got rid our best player and chose the only former HC who had successfully tanked before.    It should have been clear when Tampa fell apart this season that we were going to need to part with more players to truly tank.  Fit chose not to, so here we are.

Speaking out of school on this is not going to help Wilks win the HC job tho.  Fit and Tepper aren't going to appreciate it.  Wilks has to make the playoffs now to keep the job.  If he came close, they might have given him the benefit of the doubt, that's not happening now.

We don't know the details of the CMC trade, but it is clear we had quality RBs behind him and I believe CMC wanted a chance to compete for a SB.  I don't think that the trade was an attempt to tank; I think a lot was on the table there, and keeping Burns was as much about the future as the present, while CMC was seen as more replaceable at his position (which, frankly, he was - and I love the guy).

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

We don't know the details of the CMC trade, but it is clear we had quality RBs behind him and I believe CMC wanted a chance to compete for a SB.  I don't think that the trade was an attempt to tank; I think a lot was on the table there, and keeping Burns was as much about the future as the present, while CMC was seen as more replaceable at his position (which, frankly, he was - and I love the guy).

Wilks knows about the CMC trade, and he just said the organization tried to tank.

But I'm sure you know better.

5 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

If he publicly admitted an attempted tank the NFL will fine the Panthers big time

4 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

That would be a very Panthers thing to happen. Getting fined for tanking when you’re one game out of the division lead. 

Full on backpedal in 3...2...1....

• Pie 2

Just now, poundaway said:

Well, if he didn't say  that the

"organization tried to tank it" this season.

then a full retraction form Kunkel  is coming.

he said the words, but he was talking about the noise around the team. The video I found doesn't have the quote, but in context it sounded like a comment on the "noise" around the team

• Pie 2