• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brock Purdy

NAS

9 hours ago, j2sgam said:

His situation is e’rything. Coach, OL , defense, even CMC set him up for success… sure we coulda had him, but without the feast around him, Mr.Irrevelant is just that…

or, I’m wrong…,

Yes and no and probably maybe sorta kinda sometimes. 

• The D 1

6 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Aren't you and @mrcompletely11 the same ones that have already written off Corral as a potential QB for us based on a preseason game?

No, that is you making up poo again after looking bad.  I said Corral won't be the reason we DON'T draft a QB.  He will have a chance to compete with whoever we draft, but it's an uphill battle with a new coach and being an injured 3rd round QB.  I like Corral he just got screwed by Rhule and getting injured.  I don't think anyone was written him off, just stated the odds are against him because of the whole situation.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

As I did for you, please show me a quote where I said Corral was a bust

In the Corral Reminder

He faced insurmountable odds as it was and now those odds are astronomical since he had a major injury

He will at worst split the first team reps with a vet and MC will just get the scraps. 

What part of these comments don't say he's a bust?

54 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

In the Corral Reminder

He faced insurmountable odds as it was and now those odds are astronomical since he had a major injury

He will at worst split the first team reps with a vet and MC will just get the scraps. 

What part of these comments don't say he's a bust?

The fact they don't say he's a bust. He could still end up a backup for sure or, long shot starter, based on that quote...

Corral has a VERY hard road to climb to be starter but it'll be possible for him to at least make #2 if not more if he's half as good as some of our posters believe.  I can't judge since he has the tools but hasn't shown he can use them effectively yet in the NFL (and yes I understand why).

Corral is a later round QB, that's hard even without injuries or shitty coaches or coaching changes...

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The fact they don't say he's a bust. He could still end up a backup for sure or, long shot starter, based on that quote...

Corral has a VERY hard road to climb to be starter but it'll be possible for him to at least make #2 if not more if he's half as good as some of our posters believe.  I can't judge since he has the tools but hasn't shown he can use them effectively yet in the NFL (and yes I understand why).

Corral is a later round QB, that's hard even without injuries or shitty coaches or coaching changes...

Exactly!  It's much more of him being in a bad situation than anything against him.  Maybe he comes in if another QB gets hurt or maybe he eventually lands on another team and lights it up like Delhomme or Geno Smith, or he could absolutely crush it in camp (if he is healthy enough) and make our staff make a tough decision.  The odds aren't in his favor for him to be an immediate franchise qb here, but I wouldn't call him a bust.  Especially since he was drafted in the 3rd.  Hell if he makes it as a long term backup here he isn't a bust for a 3rd rounder.  

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Exactly!  It's much more of him being in a bad situation than anything against him.  Maybe he comes in if another QB gets hurt or maybe he eventually lands on another team and lights it up like Delhomme or Geno Smith, or he could absolutely crush it in camp (if he is healthy enough) and make our staff make a tough decision.  The odds aren't in his favor for him to be an immediate franchise qb here, but I wouldn't call him a bust.  Especially since he was drafted in the 3rd.  Hell if he makes it as a long term backup here he isn't a bust for a 3rd rounder.  

Its very hard to call a 3rd round QB a bust if they aren't a starter - as you say, if he makes it to a backup that's a successful 3rd round pick... And he'll definitely have an opportunity to do that and more... I think he will definitely get 2nd team reps and any smart coach will give him a chance to show he deserves more, but not rely on him ofc. If he performs well there and in the preseason for what time he's had, one never knows, and definitely we would keep him around (giving him more opportunities).   I mean look at the namesake of this thread - opportunity comes in unexpected times. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This will certainly be a feel good story if QB  Brock Purdy, a 7th rd draft choice, finds continued success in the NFL.

Purdy is fortunate to be on a playoff caliber team that has a QB friendly system, one that has helped him to this point. 

He is still at a very young stage in his NFL career, so it will be interesting, to say the least, to see how he trends in the future.

• Pie 1

Corral's biggest hurdle is staying healthy at this point and that is reason enough to have zero justification for not brining in another rookie. Corral was screwed with his preseason workload and BS approach from Rhule but his injury issues are way more concerning due to the fact it was a concern with him as a prospect coming into the NFL. He will get his chance and I hope he makes the most of it. 

Purdy, Rush or any other guy who steps up and makes the most of their NFL chance should be respected but I think the media loves these stories so it creates unrealistic expectations. There has been one Brady, now R Wilson's success is being questioned about how much was him vs coaching and Prescott is probably ( I can only spend so much time looking) the latest picked QB finding success from the 4th round but it's a valid question if they could upgrade from him at this point. Purdy will most likely become something of a journeyman to jag if history holds. We have seen plenty of these guys here and it's fun when your better option goes down but it's way overblown and way too many people feast on that hook. Rush had his implosion in game 5. Sam had it in game 4. Purdy is heavily insulated in SF but that isn't going to help them in the postseason where reality will catch up to them...unless they are playing against a NFCS team lol.